2026 BFA Prescreen Results

We didn’t submit a classical monologue. I wanted to actually but we just ended up submitting the two contemporaries. That was an option. We applied to Ithaca late (11/8) and passed the prescreen 11/16.

did you apply for acting to ithaca? daughter submitted prior to that and we have not heard back as of yet.

thank you for your response!

My daughter submitted a prescreen november 3rd to Montclair, Penn, Ithaca, Chapman, and Pace and have only heard from Pace so far. Any helpful info, is this what is to be expected?

1 Like

Heard prescreen results from Texas State and Indiana today both passes! So much to be Thankful for. Wishing everyone many prescreen passes in the next few days!!!

Anxiously still awaiting University of Oklahoma and University of Arizona. Anyone have news?

6 Likes

We heard from Texas State today too (pass). Sounds like they aren’t doing a dance call at the audition and have to record the dance ahead of time?

I think the rest of ours won’t come until next month but echoing the comment above about much to be thankful for and wishing happy thanksgiving to all of you!

4 Likes

@mom2eden

That’s awesome! Congrats! We have heard nothing from U of O and U of Alabama :frowning:

1 Like

From your list my D has also only heard from Pace. She didn’t apply to Montclair or Chapman. No word from Penn State or Ithaca for her. :frowning:

1 Like

@purpleviolet That’s awesome! Congrats! Who are you waiting on?

1 Like

so frustrating is she applying for MT or acting? my daughter submitted on 11/4

1 Like

meant 11/3

1 Like

We are waiting on University of Arizona and CCM still. I think AZ said they would notify by January 3 and CCM said December 15.

1 Like

All MT applications for my D.

Schools we are waiting on and dates she applied-

CCM- 10/24
Ithaca- 10/25
U of Arizona- 10/24
Manhattanville College- 10/25
U of O- 10/25
Elon- 10/25
U of Miami- 10/27
MSM- 10/24
Penn State- 11/2
Drake- 11/4
Hartt- 11/5
Rider- 11/8

1 Like

@Allie_Velasco1 our experience last year with Penn State was that they batched their replies. If you got it in before 11/1 you would hear fairly early, but after that it came very late, like maybe even January. Check their website though. It should have that info. I’m surprised about Ithaca b/c they were so quick last year. Are you on the MT Facebook page also?>

2 Likes

@dharmawins

Looks like we missed the Penn State deadline to be notified early by one day. :frowning: I really hope we don’t have to wait until January.

Which FB group are you referring to?

1 Like

yeah i just looked it up…it’s january 6 notification :(((
it’s a group called MT parents

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Bummer about Penn State, but at least we know now that we won’t hear anything for awhile.

I just joined the FB group. Thanks!

heard a yes from ithaca on friday, better than any black friday deals :wink:

4 Likes

That is awesome! Congrats! We still haven’t heard from Ithaca. :frowning: