2026 BFA Prescreen Results

You are most welcome. Take a peek at the one from April 9 last year. A mom shared notes from the info session and they are very helpful. Enjoy the long weekend!

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you again for sharing that FB page with me. Truly a gold mine! IDK if you subscribe to Maria Shriver’s Sunday Paper but in her essay yesterday she wrote, “These are times for those with lanterns and for those who are willing to light the way forward—not just for themselves, but for others as well… It’s also up to us to light the way forward for others. We all need a light in this world that feels quite bleak and dark.” Anyway, thank you for holding a lantern for me and may your daughter continue to BAL :pray: :performing_arts: :clapper:

7 Likes

Thank you for these lovely words. We all have to keep paying it forward. My D got a wonderful and unexpected acceptance phone call /email on Saturday so we all have breathed a deep sigh of relief. We can watch the rest of this process play out for her but much of her anxiety has dissipated. I wish good things for your D as well. BAL!

14 Likes

Indeed and that’s the best, congratulations! Brava to your daughter and thank you!!

4 Likes

yay yay yay! Love hearing good news congrats @elizabethdrama22 Do y’all want to move over to the sharing/venting thread and/or the artistic acceptances thread now that prescreens are over? there will also be artistic acceptances threads starting soon.

Thank you so much! My D applied to a small number of schools and I was really nervous for her. I slept better Saturday night than I had in weeks! Is that what happens now? We move these conversations?

4 Likes

Someone had already started the thread

Yes - thanks for the link @mom26mt! If everyone here could start posting over there now that prescreen results are over, that will help consolidate a bit. And then the Sharing/Venting thread is good for general thoughts/news/joy/tears that don’t fit under acceptances.

1 Like

Congratulations! The night my daughter received her first acceptance letter was the best night of sleep in 6 months LOL

6 Likes

Any word when Umich will send out acceptance or rejection for smtd?

2 Likes

last year, accepted students got phone calls on march 4th, and rejected students were emailed the day after. march 4th was a thursday, so if they keep that pattern this year, we might know one week from today on thursday march 3rd and friday march 5th :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thx I really appreciate the dates!! If anyone else gets info bout possible dates or when they were accepted or rejected plz drop the story

2 Likes

Wow we’ll scream for weeks if my D can get her acceptance call!!! Early March notice is for EA / ED only? or for RD like us? n What if any student miss such a golden call? i believe it won’t affect their status, right? i m apparently out of my mind, with all these waiting n waiting … Thank you very much for sharing the possible dates!

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s EA (or ED) for Michigan’s MT admissions, so the calls would be for everyone who’s is being offered admission, regardless of how early (or not) they applied and auditioned. If you miss the phone call it doesn’t affect your offer!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your prompt assurance! i m so anxious now, with some glamorous news to hope for … in a week!

My D heard from SMTD Acting already - a no.

I’ve heard several decisions have gone out for UM Acting- Y and N

2 Likes

oh feel sad to hear nos :frowning: Wish many more yes coming your way soon!

2 Likes

Thank you! Me too!!