3 AP classes too much junior year?

So right now it’s sheduling time. I want to take ap Lang, ap u.s. History, with either ap environmental science or ap micro.
I don’t know if I should just take ap Lang and u.s. Or should I take a third ap class. Along with those ap classes I will be taking advanced chemistry, Spanish 3 advanced and regular algebra 2. Basically is 3 ap classes a lot or should I take English and history and the rest of my advance classes. I don’t want to over due it since junior year definitely will be my hardest year plus act/sat studying.

Three Ap classes isn’t a lot. I think you should take ap bio or physics rather than environmental science. Colleges like to see that you took a hard science as an ap course. Three ap classes is definetly doable you just need to be able to manage your time.

@tola2015‌ at my school only seniors can take ap physics or even a physics class. All the harder ap chemistry, only can be taken senior year too since you have to take chemistry first to even get into it. The only “hard” ap class offered junior year is AP biology. But that’s like 2 ap classes in one. I feel like that’s to much. My school offers ap statistic, micro/macro, computer science, environmental science, ap English, u.s. History, and psychology, to juniors.

3 APs seems fine, especially if macro is your third class, no. Although I’m currently taking it as a senior, I have friends who took it last year as juniors, and it is one of the easier APs if you can think critically. You’ll probably be fine.

I would say take 3, but don’t take more than you can handle. If you don’t think you can get an A or B in the class i don’t recommend you take the course. AP Lang/AP Micro/APUSH would be fine if you could handle it, but if you find environmental science more interesting substitute it for micro.

I would also say 3, if you’re talking about those three (Lang, USH, and micro/ES). Those that I know who took ES and micro both said it wasn’t a lot of trouble, and I personally think that as long as you have prior knowledge and proper preparation for English and US History, you should be fine. At my school all those classes are typically taken junior year (except micro, which isn’t offered here).

Our D took four APs her junior year and three her senior year. It was very difficult. But it worked out. She was accepted to Vassar College which was her first choice this year. That made it all worth the effort. Take three for sure because you want to have colleges know that you took the most challenging coursework available if you want to be competitive at an elite school.

good luck.

It depends what sort of student you are, and what sort of colleges you are looking at. If you are looking at a Vassar-type school, like wherezwallace’s D, you will find that it is good prep for the level of work, self-discipline, etc.

A word on AP ES: it is often seen as an ‘easy’ AP, but it is one of the subjects that doesn’t like to be seen as easy. As a result, it is harder than it seems- and a bit mathy-er.

For Lang, if you are strong in English as a subject, it should be very straight forward- our D’s school didn’t even offer it but most of the class actually sits the AP and does well.

Also, for SAT/ACT, imo people seem to gravitate pretty naturally to one or the other. Do a practice test (if you haven’t already), then pick the one that works better for you. No need to do both.