300 Calc or AP Stat?

<p>I barely missed the cut for AP Calc next year, so I am confronted with the question: Should I take 300 (Regular) Calculus or AP Statistics? I ask because I know some colleges would like to see some calc before college (I am taking pre-calc this year). However, stat is an AP course and I plan on majoring in computer science. Any advice on which course I should take next year?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Ap Stat is a great class, I love it. </p>

<p>Get ahead on your college credit! Not to mention, stat is pretty useful.</p>

<p>Stats is one of the most dreaded classes on campus (there are specific variations for a variety of programs in addition to general Stats 301). However, this is most likely due to the fact that nearly all L&S students are forced to take some variation and these are typically the least math/science-motivated students and not due to actual course rigor. </p>

<p>I say take AP Stats, the skills actually are useful (especially if you’re going into Comp Sci). You’ll be with the majority of your incoming class taking Math 221 (Calc), so don’t fret taking pre-calc during your senior year. Get the college credits early if you can.</p>

<p>I would take the AP stats as many who take AP calculus in HS will retake the first semester calculus course at UW- 221. Never heard of “regular calculus” as opposed to AP.</p>