300 Calculus or AP Stat?

<p>I barely missed the cut for AP Calc next year, so I am confronted with the question: Should I take 300 (Regular) Calculus or AP Statistics? I ask because I know some colleges would like to see some calc before college (I am taking pre-calc this year). However, stat is an AP course and I plan on majoring in computer science. Any advice on which course I should take next year?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>try to take both. From what I hear, computer science is very much like math so taking as much math as you possibly can in high school seems like a good idea. If you have to choose, choose calc because that is the more important math course, and it looks better. btw, you missed the cut for AP Calc? That seems stupid.</p>

<p>john pretty much said it all. out of the 2 courses, calc would be the better choice. regular calc will help you understand the basics which will help you out a lot in college math courses.
your school won’t let you take ap calc? i missed the cut for BC calc too, but i was allowed to take it after talking to my school counselor.</p>

<p>Alright, thanks for the advice. I will take 300 Calculus. Not going to take AP Stat too since I am already taking two other AP’s(comp sci and econ)</p>