67% graduate in six years?

<p>beadymom - true … and this was the OPs only post…EVER!</p>

<p>

In context that is not what I asked. It really is ok to say “I don’t know.”</p>

<p>The reasons given by you as well as others are very plausible reasons why UA’s graduation rate is 67% but they generally do not address why it is lower than peer universities.</p>

<p>3togo provides some data and points out it is pretty complex to try and draw definite conclusions from.</p>

<p>Seatide makes a great post with some apparent knowledge that UA has done statistical analysis to help them draw some conclusions and most importantly is developing a plan to improve the graduation rate.</p>

<p>I do agree that the motivated and funded student will not have a problem. I am glad that UA is trying to figure out how to help the other 1/3.</p>

<p>I was at an alabama recruiting meeting in missouri. I gathered that part of their goal in reaching oos students is to improve their numbers and the quality of their programs. Party kids should be worried, but serious students should not. I was very pressed with their presentation and program.</p>

<p>Party kids should be worried, but serious students should not. I</p>

<p>Very true. No one should expect their classes to be a cake-walk.</p>

<p>A CC mom whose child is a junior or senior would tell you that her OOS student assumed that Bama would be easy since he had gone to challenging private prep schools for K-12. He was shocked to find out how hard he needed to work for his grades. </p>

<p>At mid-terms as a Fall frosh, his grades were not pretty. It was a huge wake-up call. He managed to salvage the rest of the semester and learned his lesson. :)</p>