A message from President Bonner on integration of UA sororities

<p>good luck with that, slippy!</p>

<p>^^ Dr. Freudian Slippy, Psychiatrist.</p>

<p>Actually, there is another reason to call him Dr. Cosby that we on CC aren’t as aware of. Most of us on CC don’t need inspiration to go to college, but in some rural communities there is still a large high school drop out rate- for all sectors of the population, and this includes African American teens.</p>

<p>Cosby’s 80’s TV show was designed to both entertain and inspire. He played a doctor with a wife who was a lawyer. Many of the show themes revolved around attending college and his kids going to college. When the teen son would goof off in school, Dr. Huxtable would intervene with a lecture- and that was heard around the nation. This may be why he put “Dr. Cosby” in the credits.</p>

<p>I think it is safe to assume that Bill Cosby’s self esteem isn’t ruffled by someone calling him “Mr.”. He’s more accomplished than most people. However, in the spirit of his mission- to inspire young people to do well in school and achieve, he may prefer we refer to him as “Dr. Cosby”.</p>

<p>I was actually correcting Dr. Bonner. He has a earned doctorate in education. If MDs can be called doctors, then anybody with a doctorate really has the right to be called one.</p>

<p>pennylane - don’t know if it’s from individual school or national, but at D’s LAC there are scholarships to help girls with sorority costs. Probably varies by school.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama president: 11 of 72 open sorority bids issued to black women [video] | al.com](<a href=“University of Alabama president: 11 of 72 open sorority bids issued to black women [video] - al.com”>University of Alabama president: 11 of 72 open sorority bids issued to black women [video] - al.com) Dr. Bonner releases video update on progress of Greek integration at UA. Please don’t reply to this as I have already created a new thread with this link. But in case newbies came here without seeing the video update, I want to make sure they see it.</p>