About volunteer hours...?

<p>Did you actually put your total amount of volunteer hours in the comment area?</p>

<p>I just got the multiples to equal my total hours. (i.e. 25 wks/year*4 hours/week = 100 hours)</p>

<p>That doesn’t really make sense though, since I’m doing it all year, but the year isn’t even over yet…(from where I started.)</p>

<p>I don’t want the admission officers to misunderstand, that’s all.</p>

<p>Is it possible to call them/e-mail them to correct this?</p>

<p>well I did alot of community service and I didnt want them to misunderstand how many hours I did so I put like so in the description box (Total = x hrs)</p>

<p>I doubt it will affect you much. I believe some UCs end up multiplying them anyway to figure out your total hours for one year that you have already done. If you selected 12th grade as a year you involved, they will not expect you to "predict your future hours". It clearly stated to enter in the amount of hours you have done already.</p>

<p>Call the admissions office for each UC you applied to make sure. It might be important for LA/Berk, becuz they are not on the point system.</p>

<p>"If you selected 12th grade as a year you involved, they will not expect you to "predict your future hours". It clearly stated to enter in the amount of hours you have done already."</p>

<p>^Im transferring from CC, and i do not recall being told to put the total hours in. All i remember is hours/week and weeks/year and a description. I did not put in the total in that section. However, in part three of the personal statement, I did state the total hours (for the separate time i had completed volunteering, not the ongoing volunteering I am in right now). </p>

<p>Btw, if i ditched a significant amount of time, is that gonna be a problem? See, based off my hrs/wk and wk/year you would expect a larger number of total hours than the total I committed - I missed a lot of days. So like, say, 10 hrs a week for 12 wks would predict 120 hours, but say you miss 3 weeks worth than it is really 90 hours. So if one states 90 hrs instead of 120 hrs, will they think 120 - 90 = this kid ditched 30 hrs. Will they suspect a slacker who ditched his/her duties?</p>

<p>If you missed 3 weeks why didn't you put 10 hrs/week for 9 wks?</p>

<p>that was just an example, but in real-life it isn't so clear cut. All i have is the duration of my entire volunteering, from the first day to the last and the total hrs, and hrs/week. I don't have the sheet that shows me which weeks i missed and which i went. But yeah, i could have kinda used math to sort of calculate the number of weeks i went. I guess I'm just saying I don't have the reference.</p>