Academic Elite

My D is still waiting to hear about UFE, but we are hopeful she will be accepted. We know Academic Elite goes to Fellows, but we were wondering how and when academic elites are told they receive the scholarship? A family friend seemed to think that her recruiter would come to her school to tell her. I was assuming post. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know if I know the latest. When my kids were at Bama, AE awards were given quite late…maybe mid-late April? I don’t know if that was to first determine if the students would actually be attending Bama or not.

I’ve never heard that the rep comes and tells the student. However, reps sometimes appear at graduations to award scholarship certificate for awards that the student already knows about.

Our school had the GCs receiving various documents from the colleges that are presented to the students during the pre-graduation special seniors awards.

I would anticipate direct letter notification by the University for AE/UFE, etc.

I imagine once UA Admissions knows the student has received all their awards, my DD received a scholarship package summary signed by Amber Capell (from UA scholarships office). Some certificates also came directly to the house.

Once in a great while, a rep may come to a school, but didn’t happen with our school.

For the Academic Elite award, my DD was notified in late April of her award, by phone or e-mail (think it was a phone call.) The recruiter then came to campus and presented her Academic Elite framed award in person at the awards ceremony for the school in early May.