I am in search of Academic Elite Scholarship information from the University of Alabama

Can anyone explain the Academic Elite Scholarships that are supposedly given to University Fellows Experience Scholars at the University of Alabama? I know you supposedly have to be accepted into the program to be a recipient, but I can not find anyone who has received one, nor how or when they are given… confused…

https://scholarships.ua.edu/types/elite.php

Note that there are other scholarships available, some by just stats alone.

https://scholarships.ua.edu/types/

Finalists for UFE were notified in late December/ early May and needed to go to the finalists event in late January to be considered. Unfortunately that is all I know. My DD was a finalist, but was already accepted at her ED school and had to decline the invitation.

@grands2kids - There was a finalist weekend in late February; the kids accepted into UFE were notified by mail a few weeks after that weekend (we heard there were 39 students invited into the UFE Program. The deadline to accept a UFE spot was May 1). As said in earlier posts, you must be accepted into UFE to be eligible for an Academic Elite Scholarship. The Academic Elite Scholarship recipients were notified (by phone) in mid-April this year. Hope this helps -

It’s just interesting to me that I can not find one fellow that has been awarded an academic elite scholarship.

I would PM you, 6grands2kids - but don’t see a way to do so.

@6grands2kids, they only award 8, total.

6grands2kids, what would you like to know? I know six of the 8 Academic Elites in our child’s UFE cohort. You are more than welcome to PM me.

@6grands2kids

I see that your daughter was accepted to UFE. If you or your daughter are asking members then be aware that some of the recipients may nor want to reveal to others out of concerns about comments, jealousy, etc. I know That meant NMFs don’t tell people because of comments.

UFE and RRS (formerly CBH) do give a small number of the total cohort scholarships. My ds had a CBH scholarship. He didn’t go around telling people he had one and didn’t want them to know, especially if the other person didn’t receive one. Only a few of his closest friends knew. One of his friends had a UFE scholarship. Bc only some do, they don’t want to talk about it.

It really isn’t anyone else’s business. Recipients know. Non-recipients know they didn’t. If are questioning if they exist, the answer is yes.