Accepted and waiting for merit scholarship amount

High school rising junior and I still don’t know whether I’m going. I’ve not visited the campus but I’m fine with anywhere as long as I’m doing something worthwhile. I’m from TX and Massachusetts’ a distinctly different landscape, although I’m more worried about getting a GED there and the insane tuition. I don’t know about financial aids because my parents are separated despite being married and my dad applies for tax returns with his high-middle class income while my mom goes to community college without a job.

I don’t know how many people applied but it seems to be very few, and the 60% something acceptance rate is…interesting. With my current high school grades, my bottom line is the University of Texas, so risking money for the possibility of transferring to a better college is icky to my mom. I looked at the engineering stuff they’ve with other colleges, and I’d rather not spend five years for a BE/BS. Is there anybody here at all? Should I go??

Btw apparently you have to let the admissions know whether you’re applying for financial aids before they tell you your merit scholarship amount. Lmao through sheer bad luck I’ve a 0 chance to receive need based aid bc of HIGH taxes when my parents are getting a divorce rn. I mean, good game I guess. Will post my decision later.