Accepted!

<p>DD received her acceptance to Lewis & Clark today as a Neely Scholar.</p>

<p>My daughter heard about the Neely today, also. She was very pleased.</p>

<p>What state are you from? Did they start to send out acceptances already? We are east coast and haven't heard anything.</p>

<p>Oh and CONGRATS!!!</p>

<p>We are from Hawaii, and I believe MSMDAD is from somewhere on the west coast.</p>

<p>Thanks. I think they are sending them out in bunches. I'm sure the big scholarships are first. Congrats again.</p>

<p>WOMM, Congratulations to you and your daughter. Sideways, I think that you are exactly right - L&C is sending the scholarship acceptances first.</p>

<p>Sideways, did you receive anything from L&C?</p>

<p>No not yet. Do you know if anything but the big scholarships went out. The Neely said it would be sent by the 15th. The rest said RD time. When I called they said the acceptances would be going out at the end of March.</p>

<p>I think that the non-scholarship notifications will be out next week. Good luck and keep us posted.</p>

<p>DS has received merit scholarships from all schools he's applied to ( that have them). When I talked to them this week they said they only sent out the Neely Scholarships. The other ones have not gone out yet. He has received a couple of early writes also. I'll be surprised if he doesn't receive something.I guess you can never tell. I hope the admissions office was right. This is a safety for my S but I sure hope there is some money offered (in case he chooses to go here).
I'll be thinking good thoughts.</p>

<p>Got email first thing this AM about admittances and the Big Packet came in today's mail. Son named a "Dean's Scholar" as well, with a 10K scholarship, I think. (I don't remember the amount.)</p>

<p>TrinSF, Congrats on your son's acceptance! Have you visited L&C?</p>

<p>MSMDAD: No, I don't go on visits with him to colleges, because I don't have to spend 4 years living there. :-) He hasn't actually visited L&C, he visted Portland for a weekend and spent much of it at Reed. L&C is a safety for him; Reed and Chicago are his first loves. He's also been accepted as a Regent's Scholar at Santa Cruz. I think he likes Portland because it's still West coast, but further away from home. :-)</p>

<p>i got in! the email from them is so cute.</p>

<p>I got an email too! Buuut, does that mean no merit stuff? Because all of my other friends who got acceptances earlier, with money, got actual packets. Awr.</p>

<p>Goodness...found out last week child only sent 2 teacher rec in his app (common app) but needed 3 (porfolio app).I was wondering why we never heard especially when the acceptances started coming out. So they had him fax it to them last week (they say they must have sent a reminder but child says he never received one). They were kind enough to still process app. after receiving the final rec. He was accepted with a Dean's Scholarship today. Very nice but child started thinking about other choices and less about Lewis and Clark I guess we have to see what happens.</p>

<p>Argh. This is amazing.</p>

<p>I am a junior in h.s. and reading this board makes me sooo excited. I have every hope to go to L&C, and I would die to see what kind of situation I will be in next year at this time.</p>

<p>lut711 -
L & C is not too hard to get into, though the scholarships are very competitive. The admit rate is about 57%.</p>

<p>As far as GPA I am just about average, but I really need to work on the ACT.</p>

<p>I was reading about the portfolio option which some people do instead of submitting ACT/SAT scores. Is this very common?</p>