Admission chances for ED University of Miami

UM is my daughters dream school but I don’t think she will get in since she doesn’t meet the SAT score requirement . She is a Straight A student otherwise with lots of volunteer service and work under her belt . I’m hoping she gets in by some slim chance . Has anyone that applied ED heard back yet ?

@alohasue If she really has straight A’s(not just lots of A’s, or mostly A’s), has a high class ranking, and is not applying to a STEM program then she still has a chance of getting in with a lower than average SAT.

@EDHDAD she has all straight A’s and is applying as undecided major . Thank you my fingers are crossed !

@alohasue With all A’s they will really focus in on your daughter’s amount of rigor in her schedule. Getting A’s in lots of AP classes, having taken four years of math, four years of foreign language, etc will go a long way towards mitigating lowish SAT scores.

Also, U Miami has already released early decision. Do you mean EA?

@20182022 yes I meant EA. I believe they will release end of this month .

I agree with @EDHDAD. I think Miami takes a very holistic approach to their acceptances and all As with a rigorous schedule and good ECs makes for a very good candidate! Good luck!