Admission rates for majors

My son will be applying to UM next fall. He’s interested in either communications or sports administration. Does anyone know the admission rates for each major? His stats are below the average so he’d like to maximize his chances.

Also, how much of a boost is it to apply ED, ED2 or EA?

Hi! The communications school has many majors to offer, and it is a smaller school than the Business school, or Arts and Sciences here at UM. Therefore, I do not think it is as competitive as our Business, Music, or Engineering School. I haven’t met many sports admin. majors but I do know a few who love the program and receive many great benefits from it. If UM is his top choice, ED1 would be his best option if his stats are below average, but yet again, I share my story - as I had a very low ACT score for UM, but a very good GPA, and lots of EC’s, and got a hefty scholarship, so admission can be subjective in some cases. I have friends that applied ED here, and it definitely improved their chances of getting in.

Just out of curiosity what was the range of your scores. My daughter is applying ED1 and her GPA is good, AP classes and lots of ECs. We are not looking for scholarship money. She is worried about her scores though. Also trying to decide which major would be best to apply to.