Miami: Communications, Sports Management or Marketing Chances?

<p>How is UM's Sports Management major? I'm most interested in school of Communications, followed closely by Marketing or Psychology.</p>

<p>Also,My GPA is mainly low because of a poor freshman year, with A GPA of about 2.8. Since then I have gone straight up.</p>

<p>I'm about a year and a half away from college apps, but my stats then should be something like this:</p>

<p>3.2 UW GPA,
classes:
AP Psych(junior year)
AP Gov(Senior year)
AP English (senior year)
Honors American Lit (sophomore year)
Honors Modern Fiction (Junior Year)
Honors US History II (Junior Year)
Honors Management-business ed. (Junior year)</p>

<p>Sats should be about 2100 total.</p>

<p>EC's:
Summer Camp Counselor for 3 Years
Volunteer at Local Library
Assistant Job at Local Real Estate agency
DECA Junior and Senior Years
HS Rec basketball freshman-senior year</p>

<p>Reccomendations should be good from Guidance Counselor, along with Favorite English and Favorite Math teacher.</p>

<p>Do I have a shot?
I would be applying EA.</p>

<p>Difficult to say. I got in with a 3.5 uw and good upward trend. 3.0 frosh to 4 senior yr. It's too bad that applying ea, they wont get a solid look at your senior yr grades cause that would give them anothing thing to solidify the upward trend you have going.
As far as sports management I heard it's very strong. I want to be a sports agent so i plan on majoring in business law and minoring in sports management... They told me they have a good selection of speakers come visit the school, like drew rosenhous (nfl agent) since he went to "the u" too.</p>

<p>Yeah, I would only be applying EA if it would solidify my chances. If you think that applying RD would be easier then I would do that.</p>

<p>Well... I would look around to see what the stats of ppl getting in ea are vs regular decision. Lots of schools really value students who want to go to their school and will matriculate making them look better. Miami seems like the kind of school that would value that, but i dont know. Even if you do apply EA you can still send them progress reports and what not. There's no guarantees they will look at them, but it couldnt hurt... best of luck to you though</p>

<p>Miami also had ED; if they really want to see your senior grades, you could be deferred (not sure they reject in ED round)..but again, you have to be sure and not be dependent on FA</p>