Admissions cycle class of 2024

It’s that time of year again and we have made adjustments to the application/prescreen process for the class of 2024. We are hoping to make it a little simpler and cheaper for applicants. First of all, we have joined the common prescreen agreement so our video requirement will be consistent with those guidelines. Second, we are no longer using GetAcceptd for prescreens, as they charge a fee to the applicant.
To begin the process, the applicant should apply to Florida State University with Music Theatre or Acting as their major. Once the student has applied, they will receive an email with the prescreen requirements, which they will upload to Admissions as application supplements. We will begin reviewing prescreens about November 1st and scheduling audition appointments.
As always, if you have any questions about the programs or the application process, please don’t hesitate to email me at mdiamonti@fsu.edu or call at (850) 644-5548.

Michele Diamonti

2020 Application guidelines

Music Theatre

How do I apply to the BFA Music Theatre Program?

1. Apply to FSU: FSU Admissions
  2. Select “Music Theatre (BFA)” as your intended major.
  3. Complete and submit your application.
  4. In 24 to 48 business hours, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your Supplemental Application and upload your Pre-Screen materials
  5. Log into your account via the Application Status Check.
  6. Select “Music Theatre Supplemental Application” located within the “Music Theatre Checklist” section.
  7. Select your intended major. We offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a Bachelor of Music in Music Theatre.
  8. Upload your Music Theatre Future/Career Goals statement, Headshot, and Music Theatre Resume. (This is the only area you can do this so make sure you have them ready to upload when completing this step)
  9. Select a preferred audition date. Please note: The faculty admissions committee will choose who to invite for an in-person audition after reviewing pre-screen submissions. Audition dates will be confirmed as they are processed. Please do not schedule any travel until you have received an e-mail inviting you to an in-person audition and confirming the date.
  10. Complete and submit. Submitting your Supplemental Application will trigger the system to display the sections where you can upload your Pre-Screen videos and add Recommenders.
  11. Click “Edit Portfolio” and upload Pre-Screen video. Visit the Music Theatre PreScreen Guidelines page for video guidelines.
  12. Click “Edit/View Recommenders” and submit the names and contact information for your 3 recommenders.

Make sure to keep an eye on your email for confirmation emails throughout the admissions process. Feel free to reach back out if you need any assistance during the application process or have additional questions. Looking forward to receiving your application!

Good morning! When can we expect to prescreen decisions? My child submitted a video in early October but we see that it has not been viewed (it is a youtube link). I know decisions came out within a few days of Nov. 1 last year so the nerves are on edge. Thanks for any insight you can give!

planner2,
I just sent out the first round of decisions. We got held up a few days by our audition appointment scheduling software. I expect to send out another round over the next two days. If you email me, I’ll be sure to follow up and let you know if we need anything else. My email address is mdiamonti@fsu.edu.

Michele

Good morning,

Will the applicant receive an email with the prescreen results either way or only if they are invited to audition live?

Thank you!

@luckystars008
Applicants receive an email either way. If you don’t hear anything by mid next week, send me an email so I can make sure the materials have been referred to us for review.

Best,
Michele

Thank you Michele. Have a great day!

@All4FSU

Hi Ms. Diamante,

Curious if you guys are on schedule with the following timeline and if all phone calls have already been made.

FSU—2020: “Our last MT audition day is 2/23 and we see everyone before we make decisions. Admitted students will receive a phone call; alternates (wait list) will receive a letter in the mail; declined students will receive an email. I am hoping to have results out somewhere between February 27th and March 2nd, but the applicants have definitely made it difficult to make decisions!”

Thank you.

njvafl

@njvafl
All the decisions have been entered, but the Office of Admissions has had a slight delay; they tell me decisions will be emailed tomorrow or Thursday (3/4-3/5.)
All phone calls have been made and the applicants reached.

Best,
Michele