Admissions

Hi was wondering about what you would say for my chances are for Virginia tech early decision
My overall transcript, I had an upward trend,

8th: Alg1: C+, Spanish 1: C +
9th: English Hn B-, History Hn A-, Spanish 2 B+, PE A, Geometry HN C, Sports med A-, Bio hn B-
10: Sports marketing: A, PE A, History HN B+, Chem A, English HN B, Alg2 B, Spanish 3 B
11: Physics A-, Ap psych A-, Pre calc A, APES A, Human geo A-, AP lang B+, History Hn A-

My overall Gpa is a 3.68, but my junior year GPA was a 4.37

My SAT I got a 1400

Im taking Ap seminar, Ap calc ab, Ap gov, Entrepenurship DE, Econ, AP lit, and human anatomy this year.

My extra curriculars I had

2 Internships
One with a contracting company called Starry Asscociates
A research internship at Yale where I worked on research paper and had name on it

Basketball coach
Did fundraising
Was in 5 clubs, was the president of one of them
In 1 (possibly 2 soon) Honor societys

My major I’m planning psychology or Public health

What would you say my shots are? I know its all guess work but do you think I’d be competitive early decision?

The upward trend should help and a good SAT and leadership positions. Definitely apply Early Decision to show your interest. And don’t give up hope if defer to Early Action.

When you do your essays have someone double check and be sure to answer all of the questions (it can be difficult with the minimal amount of words allowed). Take the essays seriously.