Admitted! Now what?

My daughter was admitted this week! When should she expect a packet in the mail? She is in line for a OOS Scholarship. Will that info come with her packet or separately? She will also be applying to the Honors College. How soon after that application goes in will she hear if she is accepted? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,
Your daughter should submit the applications as soon as possible, if she has the stats she will be admitted to the Honors College.

You should pay your enrollment deposit, which is necessary to pay your housing deposit. Don’t worry about Honors Housing status. Once your daughter is admitted to the Horors College, that designation will show up on housing. Some of that money is non refundable.

You are a little late in the game for first choice of housing, the housing deposits opened in October and students will pick housing based on deposit time and day. Your daughter will be going to a great university, so I would tell her not to worrry too much about the housing choices. There are suites in both Honors and non-Honors buildings and the more traditional dorms cost way less. However, in the past, housing has allowed students who picked earlier to “pull in” a student who had deposited later. (I don’t know if this is still happening) you can call housing to verify. If that is the case, your daughter can look for potential roommates and see if they have room in their suite.

Also, check the housing website for deposit info. After a certain deposit date, Housing does the choosing of room and roommate(s).

Your acceptance certificate will come by regular mail and a few weeks later your notification of scholarship will arrive. Your daughter’s statistics determine her level of scholarship.

Refresh my memory…what level of scholarship is your daughter eligible for. Which major?

Thanks for the response @robotbldmom …she should get the 2/3 scholarship if I read it correctly. 30ACT. Her major will be Communicative Disorders (speech pathology). She will work on the honors application essay this weekend and submit it. She is also waiting to see if her friend who was also accepted is going…they would like to share a suite. I will also put in her deposit. At this point she is not 100% sure she is going to Bama, she has one more school that she was also accepted to that she is waiting to hear about scholarship info…we may be better off just putting the deposit in and losing it if she changes her mind just to be sure of housing. I was hesitant to do this until we received the official scholarship paperwork so I am hoping it will come soon…

I don’t know where my reply went. I will rewrite it.

Okay, what I wrote was is that you are welcome. I hope I was helpful.

Your daughter will get her 2/3 scholarship. Don’t worry.

The Honors College essay is very easy, your daughter will get in as long as stats meet the criteria. I copied this from the Honors College page:
Future Students may apply to the Honors College after they have been admitted to The University of Alabama. Admission to the Honors College requires a 28 ACT or 1250 old SAT/1310 new SAT and a minimum 3.5 high school GPA. You will be notified of your acceptance via email.

Good luck to your daughter in her decision making process. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much again @robotbldmom She is up to her ears right now in homework so will get the Honors essay done this weekend. We did look at it and saw the prompt…she just needs to make the time LOLOL

Tell her not to worry over the essay, it’s quick and easy.

I wish your daughter success in her college career.