Advice for UW Visit

Hey there. I willl be visiting UW Madison for the first time from Saturday-Monday. Other than the campus tour I have scheduled, what else do you guys recommend doing/checking out?

State Street area. Maybe some of the private dorms–Hub and Lucky. Take in a bball or hockey game if in town.

Find time to go places on your own after your tour. The Memorial Union is a must, the newer Union South is another place to see. It is winter and once you have done the tour you should go back to areas you liked. Picnic Point is more of a other seasons thing. So is the arboretum (once walked from campus and through it). But both can be enjoyed with snow. This is the time to see whether the Lakeshore or high rise Southeast dorm areas most appeal to you. Wandering in various libraries can be nice- they don’t need to be in your field. Steenbock near Lakeshore dorms. Helen C White library has gorgeous lake views, but hard to concentrate with that distraction for me. Definitely wander State St- it is not a bad walk from the Lakeshore dorms (walking everywhere is good exercise).