Advice on IB Classes I'm Taking

Hi, I’m doing half IB and half AP classes this year (junior year). I was wondering if anybody could give advice on how they attained a 6 or a 7 on the following IB exams:

-IB HL I European History/IB HL II World History
-IB HL English
-IB HL Spanish (the language I’m learning)
-Ib SL Chemistry

I got a high 6 on HL English Literature! Assuming that’s the exam you’ll be taking, I suggest becoming familiar with the rubrics for each paper if you can find them (I know some of this stuff can be tricky to find so ask your teacher for help if you need to) and really studying up on the little details of the works you read over the year(s) - themes, symbols, first person vs third person, use of language… and as you read the works, try to make connections between them so you have some ideas you can build on during the exam!

My son(American/French) has a high school diploma as well as a French baccalaureate OIB. Yet, his college is not giving him any credit or AP classes. Have anybody experience the same problem? Any Idea on what he should do? I know that OIB and IB are completely different but it seems that there is a problem in the USA to have any kind of recognition for those very high demanding programs…

US colleges publish exactly what tests and scores get credit for IB and AP. Note you won’t get credit in the same subject if you took both tests.

Not all US colleges give such credit.

Buy the Past Papers with markschemes and do them. You can consider Question Banks as well.
Also studying the asessment criteria in detail helps a lot.