African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>omg ojodeltigre congratssssssssssssssssssss</p>

<p>I meant to say tomorrow lol.</p>

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>My name is ksarmand, and I just wanted to let you know that I’m so proud of all of you! Regardless of whether or not you get into your top pick, please remember that it’s not where you get in, it’s what you do once you get there. It’s the people that make the institution great, and you have a duty to yourself to be an agent of the change you would like to see, regardless of the institution you attend. You are all [young</a>, gifted, and black](<a href=“Bob & Marcia - Young, Gifted and Black - HQ - YouTube”>Bob & Marcia - Young, Gifted and Black - HQ - YouTube).</p>

<p>If any of you have questions about how I made my college choice or would like some advice on making yours, I would love to answer your questions - please send me a private message, and if I’m not a good person to ask, I can get in touch with people who might be able to answer your question better.</p>

<p>Remember, keep your heads up! Even though I’ve been ghost from the forums lately, feel free to check in with me to let me know how you’ve been doing, especially since I do remember more than a few of you. (btw, big ups on Georgetown, Kali!)</p>

<p><3,</p>

<p>Ksarmand</p>

<p>Thank you so much ksarmand!!!</p>

<p>Congrats ojo and BlackRose!!!
And thank you for that, ksarmand. :)</p>

<p>I just got accepted to Drexel, but uhm… that kind of pales in comparison to you guys right now haha. :o</p>

<p>Congrats, Rose, ojo and Chica!!!</p>

<p>Everyone is so amazing :). Moving up!</p>

<p>And thanks, ksarmand! You’ve definitely been a big help on these boards.</p>

<p>Got into Yale yesterday!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone!!!</p>

<p>And congrats to all of you!!</p>

<p>km313 and ojo,</p>

<p>all I have to say is wow!! Congratulations!!! :)</p>

<p>Thanks for saying that ksarmand :)</p>

<p>^wow, CONGRATULATIONS km313, BlackRose, CPUScientist, and adababy ;)</p>

<p>In fact, congratulations to everyone on here. The fact that we’ve made it through high school to this point is an accomplishment in and of itself–especially for a demographic where dropout rates are at a staggering high. It’s easy to complain when things don’t go our way, but when it comes down to it, your success will ultimately be predicated upon how badly you want it. There will always be kids with higher scores, bigger awards, better connections, and you will never be satisfied if you continue to benchmark yourself against the accomplishments of others. So no matter where you end up, make the best of the opportunities you’re given and don’t ever let the content of an envelope or email make you feel inadequate. Stay strong and carry on.</p>

<p>And thank you ksarmand, for your great advice! I’ll definitely be keeping in contact to ask some questions about majors/college choices.</p>

<p>

Yes. Love this.</p>

<p>And a big congrats to km313 as well!!!</p>

<p>Ojo, what you said is 100% true</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>[Success…How</a> Bad Do You Want It? - YouTube](<a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UizlkbS61mQ&feature=player_embedded]Success...How”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UizlkbS61mQ&feature=player_embedded)</p>

<p>I watch this whenever I need encouragement. :)</p>

<p>Got in Belmont but waiting to hear back from American Univ. Going to be a big time lawyer</p>

<p>Congrats MrTennessee :)</p>

<p>WOW! Congrats everyone!!! all I can do is smile when I read these posts because I can feel your excitement! hopefully come march I’ll be posting with excitement.</p>

<p>Got into Princeton!! :)</p>

<p>CONGRATULATIONS to MrTennessee and asilverbutton!!!</p>

<p>Congrats asilverbutton!!!</p>

<p>CONGRATS MrTennessee and asilverbutton!!!</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CC App</p>

<p>Congrats guys :)</p>

<p>wow you guys are killing it this year!!! we might soon have to change the thread name to African-American/Black Ivy Leaguers of 2012 lol</p>