African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>accepted into Yale! :slight_smile:
and well said, ojo</p>

<p>Deferred. Damn.</p>

<p>I got into Duke via ED!!!</p>

<p>I got into Syracuse yesterday! </p>

<p>Sent from my HTC Glacier using CC App</p>

<p>Congrats spokenword, j12 and fearless!!! CPU, wishing you the best of luck and that you receive nothing but AMAZING news in March. :slight_smile:
You are all so wonderful!!</p>

<p>Sending in my app to my top choice tonight. Kind of nervous but I can do eeeet.</p>

<p>@CPU, the only reason they deferred you was because you are so amazing they want to see ur app in March again instead of storing it somewhere and forgetting about it</p>

<p>Willamette 60k scholarship</p>

<p>thanks lachicabuena and jacobo, that means a lot. itā€™s so hard.</p>

<p>Congrats to casablancama!!</p>

<p>I believe someone in this thread was accepted to UChicagoā€¦ :)</p>

<p>who? 10 char</p>

<p>congrats everyone!!!
CPU- donā€™t worry, you are awesome dont let it get to you :)</p>

<p>dumb question but when should I send my SAT scores? ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  I finished all of my apps RD and I wasnt sure if colleges care if they get their SAT scores after the deadline for the application. anyone can help me out?</p>

<p>Congrats, spoken, fearless, jacob and casa!!</p>

<p>CPU, donā€™t even sweat. Youā€™re amazing, as we all are. Stay positive, because you never know what might be in store in the future ;).</p>

<p>paronia, Iā€™m pretty sure your scores can arrive after the deadline, as they take about a week to be received by colleges anyway. But the sooner the better I guess. </p>

<p>And lol, Chicaā€¦ :p</p>

<p>they want you to send them before the deadline, itā€™s okay if they are receive a little after.</p>

<p>congrats Kali!!!</p>

<p>and thanks Kali and paronia, itā€™s a loooong way til april!</p>

<p>All my apps are in, SATs sent, I am waiting for 7 decisions. 2 in february, 5 in march/april. already got 3, declined 2.</p>

<p>Wow Iā€™m so glad I found this now. Iā€™ve been looking for some African American peers on this site :D. You guys give me hope, although I wish I applied ED so I could have some idea. Iā€™m applying to Penn, Yale, Cornell, Duke, Rice, Emory, UT, and Baylor. Winter break= nonexistant lol.</p>

<p>Wow! Iā€™m so happy for all you guys! : )</p>

<p>@CPU: donā€™t feel bad, I got deferred by Tulane; besides your beyond smart! Didnā€™t you get like a full ride to Pitt?! Youā€™ll have the most amazing April, all those schools will be banging down your door to have you, so donā€™t sweat it!</p>

<p>And congrats to everyone who already got atleast one acceptance; I know it feels so much better to know your going somewhere next year!</p>

<p>i got deferred by Northeastern and Fordham. I donā€™t really care because I got my ED school anyway and its just less schools that i have to rescind apps from. </p>

<p>CPU , if you didnt get in, then thats not where youā€™re meant to be . I think God has a plan for everybody and youā€™ll most likely flourish and succeed in a different school . And a full ride to Pitt ? That obviously means youā€™re academically sound. Dont sweat them. Theyā€™re missing out on a gifted girl :)</p>

<p>Iā€™m so happy for everyone though ! :)</p>

<p>Haha thanks memaw</p>

<p>adababy- I didnt get in YET. :wink: I know Iā€™m meant to be there.</p>

<p>ā€¦aaand someone else on this thread is a Coca Cola Semifinalist. :)</p>

<p>Iā€™m also very happy for everyone!!</p>

<p>Wonder who that could be?</p>

<p>Hey everyone. Firstly,congrats on college acceptances. I was wondering if you guys have any advice for passing the time? Iā€™m anxious about UNC decision but it doesnā€™t even come out till January. I already have a book to read during break,any other suggestions?</p>