African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>Congrats, CPU!!! That’s awesome :D</p>

<p>I’ll be playing the waiting game until the EA results are out.
<strong>crosses fingers and toes</strong>*</p>

<p>CPU, you deserve it all the way. :slight_smile:
I’m happy for you! </p>

<p>I’m still waiting for all my EA schools to tell me something. The wait goes on…</p>

<p>Kali, cross a finger for me as well :)</p>

<p>I gotchu… lol</p>

<p>lolz thanks :)</p>

<p>Congrats to CPU!!! :slight_smile:
Fingers crossed for Kali and BlackRose. :p</p>

<p>Got accepted to 5 schools so far. :slight_smile: I have one more app to send, but I can’t seem to begin on its optional essay… bleh. Oh well. My mom said she’ll deny me food if the app isn’t sent by Thanksgiving. :O</p>

<p>Congrats, Chica!! It must be nice to have so many options :D</p>

<p>Hahaha… no food on Thanksgiving. Better get 'em done lol. </p>

<p>And thanks for the fingers :)</p>

<p>Thanks guys :slight_smile: I’m happy I got accepted with that much $$ to an OOS public school, which ranks (if you care at all about USNWR) the same as my instate public (UConn). Pitt is better because it’s not surrounded by NOTHING (UConn was first established as an agriculture school, and we all know the pilgrims liked to farm).</p>

<p>Chica-- i’m so jealous!</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/1244492-official-2016-african-american-results-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/1244492-official-2016-african-american-results-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Am I the only one who finds this kind of surreal? I’ve been on CC for a while and have read countless Official Results threads from various years, and now it’s finally our turn 0_o…</p>

<p>I know right!! I can’t believe this year colleges would be reading OUR applications. And congrats to CPU!!</p>

<p>I can’t believe it’s finally our turn for the anxiety, tears of joy, tears of heartbreak, etc. </p>

<p>I can’t wait to post in the results thread when EA decisions come about, although I’ll only have 1 decision. applied to 4 EA schools, but 2 notify by february, 1 around dec 15, and 1 before dec 3. so maybe two decisions (3 in all). </p>

<p>thanks neuroscience1234, can’t wait to see how we all do!!! (amazingly, as every year)</p>

<p>Wow LaChica,that’s really good, and thanks :).
Some of you are so lucky that your admission decisions came out really early. </p>

<p>Ughhhhh, I have 3 to 4 more weeks of agony. </p>

<p>Kali, yeah, it is. It makes this whole college process seem a bit less real. </p>

<p>CPU, that was a very poetic comment, but it’s so true. I hope all of my tears are tears of joy, I just hope and pray that they all give me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :)</p>

<p><em>bumps this thread</em>
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving/Black Friday?</p>

<p>Thanksgiving was good. I had my usual ham, mac and cheese and various Jamaican dishes. My family has never actually made a Turkey on a Thanksgiving lol. “It’s too dry” apparently.</p>

<p>On Black Friday I got a Timbaland sweater for $8.50 instead of $70 :D. The line at Best Buy was too long to get in… I really needed new headphones too :/</p>

<p>I spent my thanksgiving being animal friendly (save the turkeys! lolz.) After eating at my house, I went to my friends house to eat (we go to eachers houses over thanksgiving, so we get two dinners :smiley: ).</p>

<p>Kali, you’re Jamaican? That’s cool.</p>

<p>I don’t really go along with the whole black friday craze. I stayed at home and did hwk :)</p>

<p>Yea mon! </p>

<p>Lol :p</p>

<p>That reminds me, I should probably start my Psych hw soon -_-. Oh high school… I’m definitely ready to graduate.</p>

<p>Hahaha. We bought a turkey, but we ended up not eating it (too dry + my dad liked the Cajun turkey from Whole Foods better) so we might save it for Christmas!
And @Blackrose that’s cool that you went to your friend’s house!!</p>

<p>I woke my dad up at 3:50 am to partake in our first black Friday lmao. Ended up getting two Samsung galaxy s2’s for 96 cents a piece from Sam’s Club :D</p>

<p>And oh snap, I have English homework to finish (start). >:[</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CC App</p>

<p>So getting into Texas a&m and UT is apparently hard…■■■
do y’all think ill get into UT?
my bro and sis went there, and (my sis was editor in chief of a magazine at UT, said that in my app in a casual way.)
I’m top 17% but i go to a reallly reallly competitive school
but my sat scores suck. 1730
i also have legacy at Rice, Stanford, and Harvard.
-__- im the dumbest one in my family…this sucks. im flipping outt like crazy cause i would really like to go to ut.</p>

<p>also applying to Rice and Stanford. Chance?</p>

<p>omg guys :)) 13 days until ED 1 results are outt ?</p>

<p>Anyone doing ED anywhere?</p>

<p>I did a bunch of EA.</p>

<p>But I can totally understand why all of the ED people would be super excited and stuff.</p>

<p>What was your 1 ED school?</p>