African-American High School Class of 2016

Hahaha, so what’s funny is I had to sit down and totally trim that this morning because I realized it would be better to focus on some than cast such a wide net. So, through QB I’ve decided on Stanford, Yale, U Penn, Northwestern, U of Chicago, USC, UVA, and Emory. And then outside of QB I’ve narrowed it down to Johns Hopkins, Cornell, and UCLA. And my public state school (UW-Madison). 12 seems a lot more manageable if I do say so myself!

@QueenN22 So QB will waive all 8 of the application fees/sending test scores for the schools I’m applying to through them. And for the other four I’m applying for fee waivers for the application fees/test scores.

Lol and I’m here like 20 schools for class of 2020! GG. :((

Trying to narrow it down to 10 schools but looks like it might be more like 15 :-SS

It was difficult to narrow down my list, but I tried to look at my strengths/weaknesses of my application and focus on schools that I had a higher chance getting into then schools that were complete hail marys. And don’t get me wrong, the majority of schools that I’m applying to are hail marys for nearly all applicants but some a little less than others. Or so I hope (:

Hey guys! Sorry I’ve not been active for so long. I have finally narrowed down my list to 8 schools and I’m starting my essay. My list is a little reach-heavy but I’m fine going to one of my match schools, and I’m pretty confident I can get in.

Tufts was one of the schools in the Northeast that I visited over Spring Break and I liked it, but I didn’t like it enough to apply. If it was a match school I’d definitely apply, but I prefer other reach schools over Tufts.

Schools:
Reaches: Yale, Duke, Brown, Penn, Vanderbilt/Georgetown (still making this decision)
Matches: UVA (in-state), William and Mary (in-state), Case Western
Safety: George Mason University (in-state), maybe JMU if I’m not confident enough during applications

Senior Year Schedule (I saw that this was discussed earlier):
IBDP Chemistry
IBDP Biology
IBDP Math Studies
IBDP Theory of Knowledge
IBDP World Topics
IBDP English
IBDP Spanish VI
Honors Choir

Go IB! Or down with IB, it goes either way for me. Nice to see another IB diploma candidate here! I’m taking Biology, TOK, English and Spanish too! @Slytherclaw12

I’m class of 2016 too. I figured since I’d been looking at these boards for a while that it was time for me to join in.

@Jlivsvision Welcome!

AP Calculus BC
AP European History
AP Micro/Gov
AP French Language and Culture
AP Comparative Politics
AP Biology
AP Environmental Science
Thats for me

Calc Bc and AP chem my sophomore year was a recipe for disaster yet I somehow made it…best of luck! I also had Euro and AP us gov that year too :slight_smile: @Gatortristan

So I just finished watching Dear White People and Idk what to do with myself

@QueenN22 It’s amazing; isn’t it?

@Slytherclaw12 It’s crazy that once you think about it, most if not everything portrayed in the movie is true. The life and times of being black at a PWC

@QueenN22 @Slytherclaw12 Just watched it because I saw your posts! Wow. It’s so accurate its crazy.

Dear White People made you think and I like that. Has anyone seen Dope or is planning to? I want to but I haven’t had the time.

@ellesea I want to see it but I kinda forgot about it. Is it coming out in mainstream movie theaters or obscure film festivals like Dear White People did?

@Slytherclaw12 I think you can catch it at some big name theatres but they might not have a lot of showtimes for it.

Guys, we’re almost at the start. Common App opens in 2 days!

@Princetonian2020 Don’t remind me! I was trying so hard to forget!

My apologies @ellesea! I’m actually kinda excited, because I’ve been waiting for college app season for a while. Imma give it my all and hope I get into the places that best suit me! :slight_smile: