African-American High School Class of 2016

Pretty late but I saw Dope! It was a pretty good movie and actually got me thinking. I used to be oblivious to race when I was younger but now growing up, especially with current events and all, I feel like it’s something you can’t ignore a good deal of the time. I’m also starting to see how it has a big impact on my life.

I wanted to see Dope but some things rubbed me the wrong way about the trailer. Where are the dark girls?

I agree. This is a black movie so it’s the perfect opportunity to have dark girls but they choose biracial woman.

Final college list (I’m open to additions but if anything I’ll take colleges off my list):

Reaches: Yale, Duke, Vanderbilt, Brown, Penn, Cornell
Matches: UVA, Case Western, William and Mary
Safeties: George Mason U, James Madison U

Got my list too.

Reaches: HYPS, Dartmouth, Brown, Penn

Matches: UVA, W&M (instate)

Safeties: VCU (instate)

Safeties: UGA/Howard
Matches (lo to hi): American/Tulane/W&M/Emory
Reaches: Duke/Georgetown/Brown

Is any one applying to some of the flyin programs?
if so which ones?

I applied for the flyins for Amherst College and Scripps College. Don’t know how competitive it is to get in, though.

Does anything know anything about Tulane? It’s free to apply to, apparently and seems like a good school but it seems just like a very white school. Idk if i’d be comfortable there

I applied for Amherst & Swarthmore’s fly-ins just to see if I have any decent chance at acceptance at those schools. My fav liberal arts colleges!

I applied to Johns Hopkins and I’m thinking about applying to Emory and Brandeis but I’m not sure.

Tulane from what I have heard is very white but new orlenes it’s self is not so that might be worth a visit and an application.

I applied to Barnards and Swarthmore

Awesome! My top choice is Princeton.

Same! @Anonymoose3

I’m feel out of place since I’m not applying to any Ivies lol

I’m only applying to 1 maybe 3 if i don’t get in ED. Cornell for ED and then Brown and Penn RD but hopefully I won’t need to get that far lol

and plus theres a bunch of schools better than ivies! @YoAdriaaaaan

I’m applying to Yale SCEA and if I get in I won’t apply to any other Ivies, but if I don’t (and I probably won’t), I’ll apply to more Ivies and reach schools.

I want to apply to Stanford REA but I feel like my test scores are too low. I don’t think they’ll get any better though.