African-American High School Class of 2016

Best of luck to everyone I just submitted my application to Upenn. This is crazy yo be a senior and Gowing through this process. I just got my first acceptance to University of Pittsburgh.

Congrats, nfhd! And May you also get accepted into UPenn. I know you’re capable of doing so! :slight_smile:

Aww thanks so much! Yeah I have a chance but now it’s just up to the committee

Congrats on your acceptance to Pitt! That’s a really interesting school, also a really good In State public. Lots of people applying to UPenn, I know you all will get in!

Sent my app to Cornell ED! lots of praying to do now!

Now that ED and EA application are in, how do you guys feel?

Hey! I just found this thread but I’m a Somali American senior and I’m applying to Ithaca, University of Washington, USC, Chapman, LMU, Champlain, and Vassar. Only early action is Ithaca and the deadline’s December 1st thank god

@ellesea
Eh. I still have 2 more EA. Their deadlines are Nov. 15th, but I feel pretty good about them all.

@Chopinspiano You would think I would have heard of school with Nov 15th EA deadlines, but I haven’t. What schools are they?

@ellesea George Mason University

@ellesea South Carolina (for the honors) and Appalachian State. Tulane had one as well.

Wait, George Mason? Are you sure? Everything I’ve read and been told says that they have a Nov 1st deadline.
Also UNC Asheville has a Nov. 15 deadline, as does ECU and Alabama schools

@ADonkeyFly Sorry I was confusing it with the regular deadline (Jan. 15) and the date we hear back for early (Dec. 15). Haha there are just so many 15s

I’m feeling really good about turning in my apps. My goal is just to be deferred from my EA school, so by the time March comes, I’ll have some acceptances to cushion that rejection. There is a chance that I may be accepted but I’m a realistic type of person

If anyone is applying to Howard their scholarship criteria has changed slightly, Their update criteria is not on their website though.

@QueenN22 That’s the same way I feel about my EA school! I’m already preparing myself for a deferral. When it comes I’ll probably just shrug lol.

My EA school is my first choice so I’m honestly hoping I get accepted, but realistically I’m hoping for a deferral and expecting a rejection.

@Chopinspiano what’s changed about Howard’s scholarship criteria? I just decided I was gonna apply today lol

Have you guys heard of the #HomelessatHoward situation and if so, what do you guys think?

@ofmunstersandmen The 4 tiers have changed slightly in regards to GPA and fees aren’t included for ACT scores of 29-31. The information is on twitter.