African-American High School Class of 2016

@ellesea I don’t think he deserves to have his housing revoked, though I have seen some students say that it is not his first offense.

Yeah I heard about homeless at howard and honestly it just seems really messed up on Howard’s part that they’d evict a student on such dumb grounds. Doesn’t make the school look good especially when they’ve had so many administration complaints

Some people are saying that it’s not his first offense and that the eviction is after a series of offenses on his part, but the student is saying that the other (mostly drug) offenses are lies. I don’t know what to believe.

In an age where people want attention on social media and gofundme pages, I’m not sure what to believe in this case. If the student is telling the truth then why is everyone lying? If he’s not telling the truth, then what does he gain from lying?

For those of you applying to Yale, is anyone bothered by the recent headliners?

cultural appropriation is a legitimate issue. it annoys me when people undermine it and dismiss it for a trivial excuse to complain. If anything it makes me like Yale more.

How do you guys feel about what’s going on at Mizzou?

I think we definitely need to be there to support students that feel marginalized and threatened.

Also just got accepted to Tulane!

@nfhd11214367p0i i got in as well! Congrats!

I think college campuses do need to address racism. People need to stop saying that you’re going to face racism everywhere, specifically when they use it as an excuse for POC, though specifically blacks, to basically say, “You should get over it.”

@Chopinspiano I completely agree with you. It ridiculous how some people think we are being too sensitive about these issues. Also no one gets over racism especially when it’s an everyday subtle thing.

@QueenN22 People are always looking for a reason to discredit us. You don’t know how many posts on twitter I saw telling people to get over racism on campus and stop protesting. I have no sympathy for the president of Mizzou. He blatantly ignored multiple attempts to address racism on campus and in doing so he didn’t do his job. If you’re not working to help the problem, you’re part of the problem.

@Gatortristan Well said!

I actually went to a protest at the University of Washington in solidarity with the Mizzou students and it was incredible! Hundreds of people marching in the streets through the rain and the cold and it was incredibly inspiring.

@ofmunstersandmen Wow you’re so lucky! The closest university to us isn’t very large and it’s probably not safe to protest around here.

USouthCarolina is protesting today as well. I wish I could have seen it. I live just an hour or so away.

I think it’s a great thing to see so many young black people taking charge. I hope our generation will change the world.

@ellesea to answer you’re question about ED and EA applications now that they’re all in, I feel pretty chill lol. Then again, I only applied to two colleges in regards to ED and EA: Cornell- ED and UGA- EA. If I get rejected or deferred, it happens. I sure hope I get accepted though lol. At least I’ll find out from UGA tomorrow and Cornell on 12 December. there’s RD colleges to think about, too, though. Also, if anyone possibly remembers me, I commented on here in July and I told you all my SAT score which was absolute shit, and I said I would update y’all. Well I brought it up from a 1590 to an 1810. I kind of studied i.e. I downloaded SAT “game” apps on my ipod and played on them for a few weeks here and there during the summer. Took the SAT in October. I do plan on studying more intensely for the December SAT in order to make myself look more desirable on my RD apps. Aiming for 2000+. I also plan on doing the same in regards to ACT. Hopefully I get into Cornell, but that’s pretty far-fetched

I got an email about the CollegePoint advising service, but I can’t really find anything about them. Do you guys know anything?

Have you guys heard that students at UC Berkely made a white student union? facebook. c o m /BerkeleyWhiteStudentUnion/ 8-|

@ofmunstersandmen :)) #-o , those are the type of people who agrue about why there isnt a white history month