African-American High School Class of 2016

@YoAdriaaaaan‌ yes or ones you want to start in college,sorry if my post is confusing.

@GeekBeauty‌ It’s all good. I started a club in high school called Girl Up and it’s part of a national organization that goes by the same name. It would be nice if I could bring it to whatever college I go to but its also okay if that doesn’t end up happening. Part of me wants to act in college plays like I did in high school but there’s no way I’m becoming a theater major.

What about you?

@YoAdriaaaaan‌ that sounds so cool! I’m glad your doing great things at your school.well I Know this sounds so stereotypical of what to do in college,but I really want to cheer and pledge a NHPC sorority(the historically black ones).I love to cheer and it’s something I really want to con’t. in college.i also like the idea of starting a club too then.

@GeekBeauty‌ I used to cheer when I was in middle school!! I had to quit when I injured myself really badly though
:frowning: it was awesome, I really miss it and it wasn’t something I was terrible at lol. Which sorority do you want to pledge? My mom always tells me I should be a Delta

@YoAdriaaaaan‌ oh that sucks :(, I really don’t know yet but I def know I want to be in one :smile:

I really want to be in an a cappella group, maybe do a club sport, and continue like Model UN or some sort of academic club or community and service organization. I would definitely be in my college’s BSU. Haha I’ve already got my college life planned out.

College a cappella always looks like so much fun. I would definitely try out for one if the opportunity presented itself.

@Slytherclaw12‌ Hey do you have any idea of notification dates for the Governor’s School? My college counselor won’t respond to my emails about it. I know you applied for the Spanish one and not the humanities one but maybe there’s a chance we’ll hear back around the same time

@YoAdriaaaaan‌ I think it’s in mid-May.

Hi everyone!

Hey :-h :-h

¡Hola!

Ayyy

Hey new people! :smiley: how are your junior years going?

Hi lol. I hate my push class with a passion and pretty much I regret taking 7 ap’s because you know… no sleep

I am a junior and i have: a 29 ACT (but im going to take it again), a 3.8 gpa unweighted (not sure what it is weighted), full IB program and 2 AP classes, student council VP, Beta Club, Science Honors Society, National Honors Society, Spanish Honors Society, Boy’s State Alternate, I’m in the gifted program at my school, and I plan on joining Math and Art Honors Society and doing a ton of volunteering this summer.

What are my chances of getting into:
Vanderbilt
Washington University in St. Louis
Rice
Emory
Duke
John Hopkins
The Ivies

Also to those of you who got the National Achievement Scholarship, I got a 188 on the PSAT. Do you think I could be a semi finalist?

@ab2016‌ I believe the national merit cutoff for semi-finalists is around 200-220 for most states so I’m sorry I dont think you got it if you haven’t heard back from them yet :frowning:

@ab2016‌ I don’t think we should encourage this by making this thread into another chance thread so you might want to post it in the “What Are My Chances Forum”. Also, I’m sorry but your psat score is below the cutoff for all states.

@Gatortristan‌ oh i thought it was lower for the achievement than it was for merit

Ohhhhhhh i thought you meant national merit my apologies. In that case your score may qualify you, but you would have to check to see what score your state cutoff for.