African-American HS Class of 2020

@trippfolsom - Thank you so much. It really shows what a special place Brown is. My daughter actually felt the need to send a thank you note to the staff member in the fA office who worked on her appeal. For the college gear you might want to look into that company (not sure if I can mention them because I have been spanked a few times on CC for violations) that makes a quilt of all of the tee shirts that you send in. I did a combination quilt of all 3 children’s combined tees throughout the years and it came out amazing. As far as being supportive, I just try to pass on all the support that I have received on this thread and the truth is that whenever one of us wins, we all win and I am so proud of each and every member of this group and the students. It’s amazing feeling like you have family even though you have never set eyes on or verbally spoken to each other.

It is so amazing to hear about everyone’s final decision and feel all the support for each other. My DD committed to Johns Hopkins University last night. I just reserved hotels for move-in weekend as well as Family Weekend in October just in case they are on campus this fall.

@tara00 congratulations! Now you join the rest of us and you can focus on one school!

@tara00 - Congratulations to you and your daughter!!! Amazing School!!! Great idea to reserve in advance. When my daughter was in boarding school as soon as I received the calendar for the year I made reservations for the entire year! And about this fall, that’s right…stay positive!!!

Just today, we have commitments to Princeton, Emory, and John Hopkins on this thread. Wow. Your kids are AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing…

@ChangeTheGame I agree and thought the same thing. There isn’t a calendar out yet but Admitted Students Day online is this week and I am sure we should get many answers then or at least I hope.

@goneaway Congratulations!

The experiences these young adults, our young adults, will have is immeasurable.

@Sarrip Congratulations!!! I also thought we were going up to May 1st. I had to keep reminding myself that this is a big decision and remember what it was like when I was 17 and deciding on a college.

This is really the best college thread!!! It is so nice to be apart of this with all of you.

I just wanted to update that I will be attending Penn next year! I’m so excited!

Congratulations, @collegeready33! Your class has really “flexed” with the amazing final schools and scholarships that have been shared. Thank you for sharing your good news that you worked hard to achieve.

The class of 2024 is showing out big time in this thread

@havingfunyet Yes they are!!! ?

Congratulations @goneaway and @collegeready33. Such great acceptances.

@collegeready33 - CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you!

Like seriously I’m teary and I don’t even know you all!! What an amazing showing of excellence!! Go head young people, GO HEAD!!! #villageproud #onlineauntieyalldontknow

@crimsonmom2019 :heart: ?? ?

@collegeready33 Congratulations!!!

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! @Sarrip Oops, just saw your Princeton post, sorry for replying late. Congrats to your daughter! I’ll answer for others still deciding. My deciding factor was the black community at Harvard. I found that it was important for me to feel like I have a home in a PWI, and from talking to current black students and other black pre-frosh, Harvard’s black community provides that home for me.

Decision made, deposit paid. My daughter will be attending Lafayette College. She received enough merit scholarship to make the tuition affordable for us without any loans.

@holychild - CONGRATULATIONS!!! YAY!!!. I’m so happy for you and your daughter. I LOVED Lafayette! Welcome to the land of the decided :smiley: .