After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

It’s possible but not likely since you’re a freshman and you’ll get what you get. Also since you’re coming in with so many hours, your schedule may be really tough to get all the classes you need first semester.

You can attend the NSC and even register. Just watch for deadlines.

To tag on to Texastiger2…

Joining clubs as a 15 year old is going to be really hard, especially greek life. Honestly, I would stick close to home at least the first year so you can make the most out of it. If you’re wanting law school, a degree from TAMU isn’t going to matter vs. UH. Your LSAT is the key and since you’re really smart and a solid test taker, I don’t foresee you having any issues with that.

1 Like

hmmm…that makes sense, I just really like TAMU tbh.

1 Like

Yes, I was going to add that as well. A 15 year-old I don’t think legally could join some clubs (liability issues?). But it’s important to be on campus to go to organizational meetings, volunteering, being involved in the social community, getting internships, etc.
You and I disagree on the possibility of taking classes twice a week only because I am thinking about how some courses are only offered MWF and others TTH in order to not overlap so students can fit in all courses. I guess it’s possible that all courses could be MWF or TTH but I just don’t see it. And then to have the times available that you can fit 5 classes in without overlapping? Again, I don’t see it. But I defer to you because you are more of an expert in this than I am.

1 Like

@NDTA96 oh yes, it is the McFadden that’s Dallas/Tarrant Co (I couldn’t remember which one), which I find so odd, since that isn’t listed as a requirement on the main scholarship page.

Honestly, I really don’t think A&M looks at who has committed to NSC yet, or when they do. They just don’t have to. There are so many high achieving students applying that don’t ever get a scholarship. Post after posts every year on the Parent Pages about it. And if anything, my theory is, nothing good ever happens by waiting for anything at A&M. It ALWAYS pays to be first (Housing, class registration, game day ticket pull, etc). The only thing that doesn’t require being first is parking, which is a true lottery draw.

You could wait until late spring, but A&M might already have filled all the scholarship slots, who knows? And there is no exact timeline scholarships are awarded; it says in the spring, but they can definitely go out during summer and some have even gotten departmental scholarships (returning students) during the school year.

But if your daughter waited until February to accept and said all was fine at the July NSC, then what’s wrong with us waiting until February to accept (with the slight possibility that it might lean $12,000 our way)? Am I missing something in our logic?

For a freshman, I agree, would be really hard to get that type of schedule. My son, senior, however, has 12 hours and only t/tr classes. It’s a long day, but he loves it.

Also possible IF you can get one of those online only.

But 15 hours. would be impossible unless more than one online.

1 Like

@NDTA96 oh, I misread, I thought you were wanting to wait until really late spring to accept.
Mine was also offered Business Honors in November, which I think helped with PES, too.
Her roomie and next door roomie were also BH and Commended, accepted in September and early October.
I truly think it boils down to number of NM semi & finalist, which you have no way of knowing.
And in 2019, they gave statistics for majors receiving PES; of the 302 freshman students, only 34 were Business majors, I didn’t write down the number of Engineering, but it was well over 200, like almost all of them.
Once you see a big wave of acceptances after the holidays, if she wants to go to A&M, I wouldn’t wait much longer to accept NSC, your dates might be limited, if you have a full summer schedule planned.
Keep me posted!

1 Like

Sorry - please disregard! I meant to post this on the other TAMU 2026 forum!

Regarding DC classes and ETAM… FYI for those interested, this is just a clarification. I confirmed with an advisor today that for the 3.75 auto admit into a major, the cumulative GPA used is only for those classes that were taken at TAMU. It will not include any DC classes or other courses that were transferred from another institution.

2 Likes

Probably a stupid question, but I got the digital acceptance letter today, how long till I get the paper one (I just want to see it in paper lol)?

The “big envelope” came about two weeks after the acceptance in Howdy and AIS.

Dang it…I wish it was sooner.

1 Like

It was about 2 weeks for our big envelope with the banner as well. Always waiting LOL

Do you think it could come sooner lol?

1 Like

Hey there, please know that none of us know when things will arrive. She gave you her experience. It’s the best you’re going to get. It’ll arrive when it arrives. Just be happy you have been accepted and be patient for the rest of it.

5 Likes

How does transferring dual enrollment credits work…after I submit my final transcript from my senior year of highschool, do they automatically go to my account (it already shows 21 dual enrollment credits in my account from DC classes in junior year)?

Hope I am understanding your question…at the end of your senior year, request that the community college where you took the dual credit send your transcript to tamu. Lonestar charges either $7 or $9. After requesting the transcript, you will see the classes listed on your tamu unofficial transcript through Howdy. Might take a couple weeks

Edited to add…its possible that not all of your dual credit classes will have a corresponding Tamu class

1 Like

Yeah that it’s basically, thanks! I already looked and all my classes will fit in a TAMU degree plan (used the course equivalency thing), I tried to mostly take general ed classes.

1 Like

(Apologies - Didn’t know it was customary to post on this thread)
DS 17. Applied 10/10. Accepted on 10/21 to General Engineering at College Station.

OOS (US Citizen, school in India)
SAT 1520
TAMU assigned Class Rank (1st quarter)
His school does not rank or give GPA (so he listed every course individually and grade in each course)
Of 15 main courses - he had 8 A1s and 7 A2s

ECs

• Founded and ran a math club in his school; National Journal publication from the club
  • Active in school safety team and student council
  • Learned CFD and has some research to his credit in aerostructures
  • Studied Calculus III, Linear Algebra from Paul’s online notes and is now learning Differential Equations
  • Studied AP Calculus BC, Physics C (Mech) on his own and took the exam. Both 5/5
  • Chess & Badminton enthusiast - a few achievements at the regional level

LoRs must have been positive

2 Likes

it´s possible. I got mine today and I was accepted on October 21

1 Like