After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Thank you for reply.
My student will apply to UH, which requires to stay either Lechner or McFadden, so we picked the Honors LLC that includes both halls. It asks you up to three LLCs, so we also added two other LLCs just in case. Should we just decline the LLC membership choice in the first place and go by single hall choice on Lechner or McFadden? Maybe it is too late?

The description now I read saying LLC members will be able to match with roommates within the same LLC, except Honors LLC - its members are pre-matched based on some criteria. Maybe it asks Roommate Search questions now, in case you are not admitted to Honors later?

1 Like

@ForU phase 2 is quite misleading. It truly doesn’t matter what you list. It all boils down to time stamp Housing deposit is made, and what beds are open when it’s your dorm selection time in late April/early May.
If you want LLC, you select that and if approved, you’re put in that dorm.
If you apply to UH, you probably won’t hear a decision until May 1, which causes issues with dorm selection. *if you don’t get into UH, then you’re stuck trying to find a roommate at the last minute, quickly make dorm selections.
Don’t overthink phase 2, honestly it doesn’t matter, no one keeps track of what you list/rank.
If your student gets into UH, they’re automatically placed in Lecher or McFadden (and you have zero say over room or roommate).

Will keep that in mind. Thank you.

2 Likes

@ForU you’ll need plan A & plan B in place, if she applies to UH. Waiting until May to let UH students know is a huge bummer-they caught lots of grief over it the past 2 years. It truly leaves students in a bad position for dorm selection.
And I promise, there is no master list keeping track of what anyone ranks/list during phase 2, it’s pointless they even ask.

1 Like

For any accepted Mays students, if you applied to Business Honors, the invitation packets have been mailed. Someone posted on Mays Moms/Dads FB page this morning.

1 Like

Do you know if the portal will be updated with Honors if they are accepted? Or will it only be through the invitation packet through the mail. Thank you!

BH offer/invitation is a packet received in the mail-old school style-it will not appear on the Howdy portal.

Perhaps a dumb question, but is there a separate application for Engineering Honors? If so, where is it? I have not seen it on AIS or Howdy.

Thank you for the info. Do you know if the notification are made only once or will there be later dates if we don’t hear at this time? Haven’t checked the mail yet!

@Peruna1998, the Engineering Honors application is separate. Details here.

1 Like

For junior/senior girls interested in Engineering, the A&M Society of Women Engineers (SWE) High School Conference is Jan. 28-29. Registration opened today.

4 Likes

@NDTA96 Thanks. Another supplemental application for S22. I can feel the eyeroll.

@tofuVolley can’t say for certain. I think a large number of the invites are mailed out early on (in November), and the last few are mailed out in January. The BH program typically takes 85ish (last year 2,200+ applied). A few invited may decline the offer, decide to attend another school, so that could lead to several openings, which would be sent in January.
There’s no WaitList for the BH program, by February the program is closed.

I know a friend’s daughter who declined and went to UT McCombs (w/o honors).

1 Like

Honors Mays is having a zoom informational this Thursday to talk about program benefits and hear from current students. My son got an email about two weeks ago to register for the virtual event. Seems odd timing if they mailed the honors invitations this week??

@arehfeld they have definitely sent packets out. I’m an admin on one of the Mays Parent FB pages.
Everything is different this year-admission timeline, BH zoom informational (to my knowledge, they’re never had that before).
Wonder if everyone who applied gets an invite to the zoom?

Or if you were going to be sent a packet you got an invite to the zoom? Guess we will watch the mail this week. Seems like zoom informational would have been better in late September early October.

@arehfeld no clue! In 2019 there was no zoom. My Aggie was a BH recruiter last year; as far as I know, they didn’t have info zooms either.

got business honors invite today so think zoom call is for those that were going to get an acceptance

1 Like

@arehfeld excellent!! Huge congrats to your student!! Can’t say enough wonderful things about the BH program!