After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Did you get the honors invite in the mail? My daughter only received an email zoom call invite. No physical letter in the mail.

Yes, today I imagine it is on its wayā€¦we live pretty close to College Station

Thank you! I hope so. Did you son register for the session? Mine totally forgot and assumed it was a generic invite sent to every eligible applicant.

well, he is actually at a school function that night and canā€™t attend. He sent email asking if call would be taped or if we could attend in his place. Never got response back so he registered and we will just listen in for him. My son thought the same thing. But heā€™s our last one to college and we thought it seemed odd to have zoom call about program so late in the game.

Has anyone heard back about Engineering Honors yet? Is that also mail only or notice on the portal?

Usually not that early. You applied via the portal, usually acceptance will be next January to March.

Thanks everyone for all the documented advice and steps in this thread. Daughter got in today (in-state, auto-admit) and we knew to immediately do phase 1 of housing. Also, we definitely would have thought we were done before the end of the process were it not for all the comments saying ā€˜hey donā€™t think youā€™re done just because you paid.ā€™ So super thankful for those details.

5 Likes

@joelatte congrats! What major? Just remember, when phase 2 Housing comes up, it DOES NOT MATTER what she lists/ranksā€¦it all boils down to her dorm selection time in late April/early May. Just list 2 dorms, donā€™t put thought into it. Promise!
Join one of the Aggie Parent FB pages, join a major specific page, too-always a great source.
Welcome to Aggieland! :+1:t3:

Thanks for the warm Aggie welcome. Statistic major in School of Science. Sheā€™s excited to have found a STEM major she enjoys and excels at, and is attracted to the departmentā€™s reputation.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! My Aggie is Mays, and has taken 2 stats classesā€¦she loves them.

1 Like

My daughter joined the zoom call for Mays Business Honors. It seems like they will be mailing out invites till Dec / Jan. It didnā€™t seem like it was only for those already accepted into the Honors program. So, weā€™ll continue to wait since still no envelop in the mail.

3 Likes

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you!

My sonā€™s Phase II opened today but he didnā€™t get a chance to fill it out yet. Is there a rush with finishing Phase II? He was planning on filling it out this weekend.

No rush for this phase.

1 Like

No rush. Honestly, whatever he lists in phase 2 is completely meaningless. It means nothing. All boils down to what beds are open when itā€™s his dorm selection time in late April/early May.

1 Like

My son worked on the form for Phase I housing tonight. The form required an email be sent to meā€¦that included a link where I need to sign. Its been several hours and I have not received the email. It says if you donā€™t receive it after 24 hours, complete the form again. Should we really wait 24 hours?? We checked spam/junk folder and the email isnā€™t there either.

Hmmm, when we did it in 2018, the link was sent to me within 10 minutes. I say if you havenā€™t heard back by morning, definitely call.
Is there a 24 number to call or contact? Is it possible to start over & resend link?

1 Like

This happened to me a few years ago - never received the email to sign to complete Phase 1. When I saw everyone on here was receiving the email in a few minutes, then yes, my son filled it out again and I received the email shortly. Unfortunately I donā€™t remember how long we waited but dont think it was as long as 24 hours. If we were in the same situation today, I would wait an hour then redo. IMHO, After an hour, the emails probably not coming

1 Like

My email arrived at 6:30 am this morning. Heā€™s now set for housing. Thanks for being so helpful. When the kiddo is the only one getting all the info, Iā€™m really out of the loop and I had purposefully stayed off this page the last few months because my anxiety couldnā€™t handle it. But itā€™s so nice to see such helpful people like you. :heart:

4 Likes