Aggie Class of 2024.. advice before you hit submit on application

Question: How do we get link from applytexas.org for recommendation link to be sent to teachers? I am not finding the link? I have not submitted the application yet but was wondering. Let me know.

Is anyone else’s AIS under maintenance?

@thereitis009
Yes, same. Howdy was under routine maintenance yesterday morning, looks like AIS is today.

Help! My Student is a review applicant - his letter of recommendation writer wants to address to adress to admissions representative - how did you find out the name for the person to send to? Also, they want to send a letter to Corps of Cadets - should that be sent to the recruiting office?

Is there a supplemental essay for Engineering? I saw this essay referred to on the admission’s page but my DS can’t find it in ApplyTexas.

I’m a little bit confused by the number of essays required for the application.

I understand that if you apply using ApplyTexas, there’s only ONE required essay (plus one supplemental for Engineering). My son is applying using Coalition. So does he need to do the Coalition essay + Texas essay?

You only do the essay required per the app you are using to apply to tamu with.

@AggieMomhelp - Thank you.

The TAMU admission website specifically states that only ONE essay is required (the Texas essay). So basically he has to write 2 essays (Coalition essay and the Texas essay if he applies using Coalition? Maybe he should apply using Texas Apply instead…

Sorry - the reason I wanted to really confirm is because he also has the Engineering essay to do - all before October 15 deadline for early application.

I would use apply Texas. Then there’s no confusion lol. Take the stress out!!

My son applied with Coalition, mainly because he is applying to 3 other schools that take Coalition so it made more sense. He had to do the one coalition essay plus the supplemental engineering essays. He was admitted so I’m pretty sure it’s fine to not do the apply Texas essay if you are using coalition app.

@TexasAggie99 for sure it’s fine to do that vs. apply texas. I assumed her question was in the confusion of having to do another essay on top of coalition and engineering supplemental essay.

We’ve just received the confirmation back from TAMU Admission office that we only need to submit either the Apply Texas essay OR the Coalition Application, depending on the application that we choose to do. So all is good! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your help.

@Tabitha18 I’m glad you’re all clear now. Definitely only needed to do one application. ?

@txstella - Did you find the answer to your engineering essay question?

We have no choice but to do ApplyTexas application (due to school policy) so I know now where the Engineering essay is. :slight_smile:

Could you please confirm my understanding about transcript? Since SRAR is now required, we don’t need to send the transcript now, right? We are OOS, by the way.

Thank you.

@Tabitha18 final high school transcript will be sent only if you are accepted and plan to attend.

@AggieMomhelp - Thank you.

By the way, we’ve LOVED the ApplyTexas application! We’ve found it so easy to do; everything is so well organized and clearly explained on the face of the application. I intensely dislike the Coalition app (our school hates it too so it recommends any app but the Coalition), the Common App is much better but the ApplyTexas app is great!

@Tabitha18 Yes, my son found the engineering question once he started the university specific questions.

@AggieMomhelp - One last question, please. If we submit everything by 10/15/2019 - the ApplyTexas app, SSAR, SAT score (already received by the school according to college board), then we meet the priority date for engineering, right?

We know that we still have to link the SSAR to the AIS account but that that can happen after 10/15 when we get the netID account, right?

Thank you. You’ve been very helpful.

@Tabitha18 srar is new this year so I don’t know the exact timing. But my assumption is if everything is complete and submitted by the 15th then yes you are considered for priority engineering. But I know last year some (and actually quite a bit) that had everything in on time for priority, we’re still deferred for a final decision and found out in January or February. So nothing is guaranteed but always better to have it all in by priority date.

If the srar is complete and you just have to link it, then I would assume that it meets the deadline. At this point it’s irrelevant but you can call admissions to double check and let us know.

@Tabitha18 My DS is still waiting for his netID to link the SSAR. This step seems to be out of the applicant’s hands as far as meeting the 10/15 deadline. My DS is a review applicant so he isn’t stressing too much over this app. It would be a nice surprise to be accepted.