Airport car rental - one way

<p>Has anyone rented a car at the airport and returned it in Tuscaloosa? </p>

<p>DH will be flying into BHM on Friday to help DS move out and help drive his car 14 hrs. back home. Son was supposed to pick up his Dad at the airport. Change in plans as his prof. scheduled a presentation for Fri. 4-6pm. DH will be waiting for 3 hours before DS can pick him up. Rental car is one option. Another would be to hitch a ride to T-town and contribute towards the rental/gas. </p>

<p>Thanks for any input!</p>

<p>I wonder if your DH could catch a ride to campus with the vans that will be taking the kids to the airport? You might consider contacting them and ask. </p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>

<p>Good point, vlines. I will look into that possibility.</p>

<p>Your husband could always do a roundtrip car rental and just get into your son’s car after he drops off the rental car at BHM. The rental car facilities are open until midnight and also allow after hours drop offs, so timing is less of an issue. Paying around $90 for a one way airport shuttle is also an option.</p>

<p>A quick check of Hotwire lists a rate of $31 for a one day rental of a compact or larger car. Bidding on Priceline may also save you some money.</p>

<p>I have rented from Avis several times. One way from BHM to Tuscaloosa. Very inexpensive $35 bucks if I remember correctly. It was very convenient in a situation exactly like yours. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thank you, wake210. H may go that route.</p>