Rental car from airport to Tuscaloosa

<p>Is anyone familiar with any companies that would rent a car at the Birmingham airport that I could turn in in Tuscaloosa? I only need a rental car one way. I was originally going to take a shuttle but I may want to do some shopping and get some dinner. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
To moderator: I am not soliciting a ride. I’m not familiar with the area and hope for some suggestions</p>

<p>I use Hotwire and Priceline a lot to search for travel stuff. Or you can use any travel search engine to find which companies allow 1-way rentals. Just click 1-way rental, and add your pick-up point is B’ham and your drop-off point is Tuscaloosa City location. Note that if you are dropping off outside of the rental co’s business hours (i.e., on a Sunday), it will show ‘no cars available’ - so just use different times/days of the week, to find who actually accepts 1-way rentals into T-Town. That should narrow it down for you, then you can contact the agency directly to proceed.</p>

<p>I do know there’s an Enterprise location off of McFarland, I would try them.</p>

<p>Avis is at Birmingham and is in the regional airport in Tuscaloosa. They will charge you more for a one way rental.</p>

<p>I do know I’ll get charged more, but the shuttle I called is charging me 80 bucks for the ride, plus I’ll take a taxi to get dinner, so I may just bite the bullet and get a rental. I usually use Hertz, but the closest Tuscaloosa location is across the river. Thanks for the Enterprise tip. I’ll check them out and see if I can get a Triple A discount. I’ll check out Avis as well. Thanks for the tips, guys!</p>

<p>Montegut…the best way to quickly find the best price is to use Orbitz…they are the only mega agency that shows all taxes and fees in the search results. Then I highly recommend that you directly to the cheapest car rental site and book directly.</p>

<p>Another good idea is to use Priceline auction for a car. You have to be careful, but there is a box for one way rental. You can bid what ever you want…generally about 30 to 40% off of published fares. You do have to pay for it before you find out the supplier, but with car companies it is not a big deal. Just make sure that you check the box that says one way rental or you will get a rt rate.</p>

<p>I use this method all the time and it works great. We save a nice bit.</p>

<p>Hertz and Avis will usually do the local pickups that Enterprise “We’ll Pick You Up” is famous for. Enterprise doesn’t normally do one-way rentals, so you’ll need to call the Tuscaloosa office and see what they can do.</p>