Alumni Scholarships

Does anyone know if these have all been sent out now? Has any of your OOS kids received any of these? I thought it was the 1st of April. Made a call and sent an email but nothing back yet. Thks

I don’t know if they’ve all been sent out, but I am an OOS student and I received an alumni scholarship. The letter was dated March 21 so it’s been a couple of weeks.

Congrats! Thanks you.

@Raxterfawk Did you receive the Presidential or some other automatic scholarship? What is your intended degree?

@CyclonesGrad I received the Presidential as well. I’m majoring in Psychology on the premed track.

Advice to all incoming and current freshman students: make sure you re-apply for additional scholarships every year. There is a link on your mybama account under the “Academics” tab for “Currently Enrolled Student Scholarship”, and those in the Honors College, there is also a scholarship application each year. My student has received 3 of these + 1 endowed/named scholarship in his 4 years at UA, despite being a Pres-Scholar already. The deadline has bounced around over time (Feb 1, March 1, Feb 10), but the application is usually available after Jan 1st. Good luck!

@Raxterfawk I noticed that you’ve been selected for CBHP. Congrats. Did CBHP award any scholarships this year to the new members?

@mom2collegekids Thanks! I didn’t receive any scholarships from CBHP and I don’t know of any new students who have either but from what I understood I thought that they sent them out at a later date. I have no clue though so they may have already sent them out…

@Raxterfawk Congratulations on all of your scholarships! Best of luck to you! Would you mind sharing your basic stats with an OOS parent? Thanks in advance.

@STEM2017 Thank you :)!

ACT Composite:34 (35E, 35R, 33M, 34S)
SAT (not sent):2100 (CR 650, M720, W730)
UW GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.667(out of 5.0)

Main EC’s
-Started an org to promote STEM by teaching elementary school students to solve Rubik’s cubes
-Hospital Volunteer/Intern(500+ hours)
-Section leader in my school’s marching band
-Jazz Band
-Local youth orchestra
-Soccer Referee

@Raxterfawk So impressive - again, congratulations. My S will be checking in with you on CC this fall!