Am I a legacy?

<p>Hi everyone. I was wondering if I was considered a legacy for UM or not. My father did not attend UM for undergrad. He attended and graduated from the School of Law, where he got his LLM and Juris Doctor. He also is currently an adjunct professor, where he has been teaching for 13 years. I know that on the UM undergrad site, there is a specific form for legacy admissions, but I wasn't sure if it referred to only undergrad or not, since some schools count graduate school as legacy, other schools count employees as legacies, and other schools count both. Thank you so much!!</p>

<p>I would think that you would count as a legacy! But maybe you should call or email undergrad admissions just in case.</p>

<p>I just filled out the legacy admissions form on the UM website, so I’m hoping I’ll get more information. Thanks!</p>

<p>You know that my husband also did graduate school at UM and we put that in the application. Legacy usually is considered undergrad but since we did that he has been receiving a lot of alumni stuff so I guess it counts (we have two kids now in, class of 2017, class of 2018).</p>

<p>It all depends on the school.I know at some Ivy League schools, it’s just undergrad, but at UVa. , I know graduate school counts as legacy.</p>