Am I on the right track for acceptance?? (Chance me??)

<p>Okay.. I'm only a sophmore in high school, but I wanna know if I'm on the right track.
I'm applying to be a physics major.
GPA: 3.85 UW, 4.4 W So far. 7/12 of these classes were Honors.
Course load for next year: A.P World History,
A.P Language, Honors Physics, Honors Chemistry, Honors World History, A.P Calculus AB, A.P Calculus BC, and Honors US History.
Extra Curriculars: Key Club, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Computational Math Competition, Track and Field (Indoor and Outdoor), Choir, My Church's Praise Band, Youth Volunteer, Piano, and I've put in many volunteer hours. I also plan on joining the National Honors Society and the National Science Honors Society (MAYBE Math also). I havent taken the SAT yet, so let me know what I should aim for.
Am I on the right track? How can I improve my chances??? Thanks!</p>

<p>Wchristen89,</p>

<p>Your application will be stronger if you can replace the Honors classes with AP classes. Does your high school offer AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP World History, and AP US History? I know this means a large number of AP classes in one year so you may want to defer some of those classes, such as AP Calculus BC and AP Chemistry, to your Senior year. If your school offers the AP class and you take an Honors class, it will appear that you chose the easier road. You should keep in mind that Tech is a numbers school, meaning the Admissions Office will focus on your GPA, SAT/ACT Scores, and Difficulty of Schedule in its evaluation of candidates. </p>

<p>Good luck. You are wise to look at your course load now when you still have the opportunity to make changes.</p>

<p>Oops! I am taking A.P world history, but the other courses arent offered at an AP level. Thanks for the advice!</p>