*Any Advice?* Transfer Applicant

<p>Hello UM students,</p>

<p>I'm going to be attending FIU this fall as a freshman and I'll be doing the QBIC summer bound sessions as well. I'd like to know if anyone transferred from FIU or knew somebody who did, and if they could kindly walk me through the basics about applying as a transfer to UM: I'd like to attend as a Sophomore in Fall 2013. If it helps, I'm majoring in Biology on an accelerated pre-med track. You see, I am the studious type and will most likely leave FIU after my freshman year, or maybe even sooner. Although, I excelled academically in high school (Enrichment, E.C's, AP's, 3.8 GPA, Sports..) I simply felt that I hadn't been prepped enough to attend a university of a caliber as high as UM as an incoming freshman. Despite my 1820 SAT score from last year, I've studied rigorously since and will be re-taking SAT Math II, SAT Bio E/M, and the ACT in June. I want everything to be pristine before I present myself. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone could throw me some extra tips about the transfer application process, particularly the essay portion, I'd really like to know how to dive into the essay topic so I can get a general idea of what I'm aiming at. And if you don't mind me asking, is the school generous with their scholarships? Especially transfer Scholarships? Like how much of tuition will they actually cover because I'm frightened of their steep expenses lol. I'll be crushed if I get accepted and I can't afford to go :/ Anyways hope to hear from someone soon!</p>

<p>Thank you for your time!</p>

<p>Bumpity Bump.</p>