Any ED Deferals been accepted RD yet?

<p>My D was deferred ED and is still waiting on RD. I was wondering if anyone who was also deferred received a regular admissions decision yet. Her original GPA on ED application was a 3.89W but midterm is now a 4.0W. SATs are 1290. We are nervous but I believe she has a pretty good shot with those stats. (In State)</p>

<p>My S was deferred ED architecture and is still waiting on RD.</p>

<p>Everyone, including our DD, at her hs that did ED and were deferred are still waiting. Classmates were in a tizzy a few weeks ago, when their only friend who did RD got in, while the rest of them still wait. I heard some parents actually called admissions to give them an earful.</p>

<p>bulletandpima, Glad to hear we aren’t the only ones. Classmates in my daughter’s school have been accepted RD while she still waits after being deferred from ED. Hope it’s not a bad sign. Do you know what admissions had to say?</p>

<p>According to our DD throw her friends, they told the same story to all of their parents. Basically, RD got their answers first because the file is complete at time of submission, it is a clear cut, yes, no, waitlist. The ED’s that were deferred basically had to wait until the school submitted their mid-term grades, and went below the RD decisions. They stated that they only take a % for ED, so it is not a bad sign.</p>

<p>In our area (PW county), it was interesting to see the ED results. Not one student at our school, which is the only Cambridge Program in the County got in (all students were deferred), but the lowest ranking hs in the county had a boatload of acceptances for ED. </p>

<p>FYI, my DD and her friends are in the Cambridge program, and on top of that all have at least 5 AP’s and none of them have a W GPA under 4.2, their UW’s are 3.7+. That was why it was even more frustrating.</p>

<p>Cambridge if you don’t know is a special program, where they must be tested and accepted to get in, you can’t just enroll. Her best friend had asked permission to cross school lines to attend. She was already accepted by W & M, but deferred by VaTech. Even more infuriating to her parents is they felt if she stayed at her “school” she would have already been accepted because that was the one with boatloads for ED.</p>

<p>bulletandpima - where are you located in VA?</p>

<p>Prince William County, but we have been told for VaTech purposes, they bulk us in with Fairfax, as No VA. That of course hurts PW students.</p>

<p>The RD deadline was before the midterm grades deadline so RD apps would not be complete either…</p>

<p>Bullet, I understand your frustration. Students at my daughter’s school were admitted quickly (weeks ago) RD with lower GPAs and Test Scores than my D who was deferred ED. Now we have to wait while they already know. Sounds like we would have been better off just waiting and applying RD in the first place.</p>

<p>I think you misunderstood me. RD is not like ED. The packet is complete upon submission, the mid-term grades are not at play, whereas, the ED deferred get to submit their midterm grades.</p>

<p>I am not sure when the RD deadline was, but I know our midterm grades were in by mid-Jan.</p>

<p>Seadawg I agree, but hindsight is 20/20.</p>

<p>I just called admissions regarding my son’s ED app to architecture that was deferred. They said his app was with the review committee, hadn’t been reviewed yet, and he would get an e-mail on the 26th with a decision. I think he’s borderline as far as qaulifying for architecture (GPA 3.6uw/4.1w, ACT 32/31) but it’s frustrating that his app may be looked at last while the limited slots are being offered to others.</p>

<p>It’s especially frustrating that by applying ED, he indicated VT as his first choice and would accept if admitted. Meanwhile, other kids with better stats are getting offers but many have indicated here on CC that they will be going elsewhere…Go figure.</p>

<p>RD deadline was extended to 1/24. Our county did not provide official first semester grades until mid Feb because of the snow closures…</p>

<p>For our DD, I think she too is borderline, but luckily she is opting for a major that is not very popular (sociology). She just wants to go there. She already has JMU and CNU in hand, and has decided that if she is not accepted she will re-apply for spring admit next yr and transfer over.</p>

<p>Which county are you in? We had our mid-terms by January 18th (I think), it was around MLK.</p>

<p>Frederick Co, MD.</p>

<p>RD applicants also submitted mid-term transcripts, which are taken into account. Many schools sent them later than normal, due to snow, but RD is not complete upon submission. Borderline RD students might benefit from those transcripts, especially since the mid-term are the ones that show first semester senior year.</p>

<p>ED students who are accepted and not deferred, are the only ones whose applications are considered complete upon submission.</p>

<p>Deferred ED and RD students all need to have their mid-term transcripts submitted. Parents may not be aware they are sent (and required) because once you request the transcript at time of application the process includes the transcript up through junior year that is sent with submission, mid-term follows naturally…student needs to do nothing additional, and final transcripts are sent after graduation. These transcripts are sent to all schools the student applied to (assuming they made the initial request and submitted complete applications).* note ED accepted will also have mid-term and final transcripts submitted, so those students need to be aware that drastic changes may cause problems…so hopefully senioritis doesn’t affect them.</p>

<p>Due to the snow causing a delay in many districts, with getting the mid-terms sent to colleges, some schools might not be notifiying their applicants in the time-frame they did in the past.</p>

<p>2014, he is OOS, he is in with those stats!</p>

<p>I don’t doubt VT will take him for general studies, but for archecture that’s another story. His stats are nowhere near top 100 and that’s what it comes down to unfortunately…</p>