Any hope at all? UC's

I am currently a senior in HS, the thing is I messed up badly freshman year. I didn’t really have plans of going to a college during freshman year, therefore I didn’t care about my grades. This led me to my freshman GPA of 2.7. Sophomore year I picked up the pace and got a 3.6 GPA, then junior year was when I realized that I screwed up massively. I worked hard to patch up my weighted GPA and got a 4.1 GPA. So basically my upward grade trend of 2.7-3.6-4.1. I am currently aiming for a 4.4 GPA, the worst part is that I have minimal EC’s, only Key Club and Engineering Club, I am currently doing Community Service and I am aiming for 65 hours by November before the UC Deadline. I am also taking the SAT and I am aiming for 1400+ to have at least somewhat of a chance.

So, what should I do to have any chance at all for UCSD, UCI, or UCSB or should I change my motives and aim for something else.

What is your UC GPA? The UCs only use 10-11 grades to determine acceptances.

You can calculate it here:

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

What are your standardized test scores?

Intended major? HS course rigor? SAT subject test scores?

Under a 4.0 UC GPA will be a tough admit for all but UCSC, UCR and UCM. UC’s tend to very GPA focused even with solid test scores. Make sure you put good effort into your personal insight essays.

2017 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 for capped weighted GPA and not major specific. Competitive majors will have lower admit rates.

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1
UCM: 96.1%

It is fine to have some Reach schools on your college list but find a couple of Safety and Match schools first.

Best of luck