Anyone receive a scholarship from National Achievement yet?

<p>Thank you, Harambee.
Well, as of Saturday’s (Mar. 5) mail, she did not receive anything. It shouldn’t take that long to come from Illinois. Should also correct myself, the finalist letter states that “800 of the 1,300 Finalists in this year’s competition will win a National Achievement Scholarship,” so she is actually one of 500 who did not receive money. I have to say, though, being named a Finalist is just fine! ;)</p>

<p>^ That’s surprising, because your daughter scored really well. I wish you guys the best for the rest of this whole process.</p>

<p>I received the scholarship also!</p>

<p>I scored a 198 initially, and my SAT was a 2160. A friend from school also received it with a 207 and a 2140.</p>

<p>My daughter scored a 214PSAT and 2150 SAT in AZ and is a NMF but never received National Achievement Scholarship. Can someone please clarify how these awards are determined?</p>

<p>^If your daughter is African-American and qualified for both NMF and NA, she can only receive scholarship money from one of the programs.</p>

<p>Thanks Harambee - that cleared it up.</p>

<p>How are these determined? I didn’t get any mail from NM and have a 234 in CA w/ a 2350 SAT… I am not African-American so I don’t qualify for any of those special programs.</p>

<p>If you’re talking about the scholarships, National Merit scholarships don’t get released until later this month. National Achievement awards them earlier.</p>

<p>Haven’t gotten anything from National Achievement yet, but I think the National Merit ones were sent at the same time because I already got that one…</p>

<p>still nothing either way about scholarships… I called and they said they would not release info over the phone, has anyone gotten an official no yet?</p>

<p>How/when did you all find out?
My guidance counselor got a call last week from national achievement saying that my principal has to sign something. </p>

<p>Is everyone here a senior?</p>

<p>“How/when did you all find out?”</p>

<p>D received a letter with the $2500 award notification way back on March 1st. My daughter is a senior. Only seniors can get the award.</p>

<p>Oh alright, now I understand haha. Thank you!</p>

<p>Well it’s nice to know they contacted my GC.</p>

<p>bluestone,</p>

<p>Last year my son was both a National Merit and a National Achievement Finalist. He accepted the $2500 from National Achievement but turned down the same amount from National Merit in order to accept a substantially higher college scholarship for being a National Merit Finalist.</p>

<p>^ Your son chose? National Merit just chose for me.</p>

<p>What do you mean

</p>

<p>I got a letter saying that I got the National Merit scholarship and that they’ll be giving me the money from that one instead of National Achievement. I’ll just be a National Achievement “Honorary Scholar.”</p>

<p>By now, all NA Finalists have received awards or letters of regret. Only one of the five finalists from our district, representing three high schools, received an award. (My D, a finalist did not.)</p>

<p>I say CONGRATULATIONS to all of the National Achievement Merit Scholars and our very best wishes for your continued success as you move on to college. Keep the faith, Babies!</p>