Anyway to still get engineering for first yearafter getting second choice major??

Is there anyway to get into engineering for my freshman year even though i was accepted into my second major without a waitlist? Can I call and request to be put on the waitlist? Tech is my #1 choice and I really want to go for engineering next year.

Your question may have already been answered in another thread, but if not bboop42 posted the link below in another thread. The short answer is not likely. You need to have completed 9 required courses before you can even apply to change into the College of Engineering. Those are essentially all the first year courses my son took. A lot of those courses are difficult to get into as a freshman unless you’re in the College of Engineering. So unless you take those equivalents at another university or community college you’ll have a hard time completing them at Tech even by the end of your freshman year.

http://www.enge.vt.edu/_files/undergraduate/com_requirements/COM_NonGE_2018_Application.pdf

You might have a better chance of getting those courses by taking some in the summer before your freshman and sophomore years and trying to transfer into the COE during your sophomore year. Good luck!