AP Bio Lab - calculation in UC GPA

I see on S3’s grades record that the AP Bio labs were only for 3 credits instead of the normal five credits for all the other classes. For UC GPA calculations do the labs count the same as a normal a-g class? .6 of a class? Or not at all?

I was surprised to see it makes a pretty big difference in the calcs. He got an A both semesters of AP Bio but a B in both of the labs. Counting them as .6 of a class the UW UC GPA comes to 3.86 and 4.14 W. But if they are viewed as any other class UW UC goes to 3.77 and W UC 4.03. The Naviance scatter diagrams for his school show quite a difference say for Davis at 4.03 (borderline) and 4.14 (pretty green) with his SATs which are pretty strong.

Thanks for any insight!

It is extremely unusual for a high school to give a separate grade for a lab. I would check with the GC to see how they recommend entering the grades in the UC application.

Does the school’s entry at https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist#/list/search/institution give any clues?

I got the answer back from the GC today. The labs don’t count as a-g coursework. They count toward the aggregate GPA. But for UC purposes they’re a tossed out. Good news! More green stars to wish on.