AP credits and Class Selection

<p>When the students find out about their AP Credits, During Orientation in August or Early.</p>

<p>When they choose which Course they going to take and what classes ? During Orientation or Early.</p>

<p>What the best place to buy the books, amazon or University book store. If students finds out about books at Orientation then they have to buy them quick especially if they getting them shipped with online sites..</p>

<p>You can figure out AP credits essentially as soon as you get the scores, there’s a link online for the AP equivalencies. Course selection for Freshmen has changed since I came to this school, so someone correct me if I’m wrong, but you choose your courses in your shopping cart during the summer and register for them during orientation. I always preferred to buy books through Amazon or from students selling on campus. Book store kinda robs you, and if you sign up for Amazon Student you get Amazon Prime benefits (free 2-day shipping on Prime items) free for a year, so Amazon ends up being cheap and easy.</p>

<p>Also it is advisable to not open your textbooks until going to class a couple of times just to make sure that you don’t decide to switch classes. D had a lot of dual courses and summer credits that took her almost the full first semester to get complete credit for but the APs were pretty automatic. Amazon is a great source for textbooks and checking the Amazon Marketplace is also advisable as sometimes the deals there can be really good even for new books. The only problem with the Marketplace is you need a little lead time as Prime does nor apply. D basically orders everything she needs (copypaper, ink, shampoo, razors, energy bars, you name it) from Amazon and rarely needs to do any shopping.</p>

<p>A lot of kids rent their books. No need to rush you will have plenty of time to meet with advisor, register for classes and change them if needed. </p>