Books?

<p>I feel like I should know the answer to this but I just don't. When or how do we figure out what books we will need for our classes?</p>

<p>Incoming freshmen find out their class schedule during orientation, at which time they can also find out what books their classes require through bkstr.com</p>

<p>Is it different this year? My D is an incoming freshman and her schedule is already posted on her Cane link. And you can click on the classes and then there is a link for textbooks and it will show the required books.</p>

<p>Does is show that she’s enrolled in those classes? It very well may be different this year, and if it is, lucky you! Waiting until orientation to find out your schedule was one of the few things I disliked about freshman year. But with CaneLink, they may have already established your schedule for you, in which case you can then see the books as you said. Just make sure that you are in fact enrolled in those classes before you start buying the books.</p>

<p>When she looks on Cane Link the classes show up under Fall 2013 schedule. I would assume that means she is registered as she went back and forth withe her advisor several times as she was unable to initially get a couple of the classes she wanted and her advisor waitlisted her then told her that she cleared the waitlist at which point they were added onto her schedule.</p>

<p>You can put your classes in at this site and see your books
<a href=“efollett”>efollett;

<p>Thanks everyone! I got it!</p>

<p>When I talked to my advisor she told me that no one has set classes until orientation, I’m in the school of engineering where I am unable to choose my own schedule but according to my advisor every student doesn’t get a set schedule and into their class until orientation. Also, through other forums I’ve read they suggest to buy books right before the week of classes.</p>

<p>You can choose your schedule ahead of time but during orientation your advisor may alter your classes because it is not your definite schedule.</p>

<p>But when you look in your Cane Link do you see an actual schedule of classes? My D has one. It showed up after she emailed her advisor her class requests. Then they tweaked it a little as initially a couple were full and she was waitlisted. She is in the Business school, maybe it is different. There is a webinar about this on the orientation page. I don’t remember if engineering is different but in some of the schools you do register for classes ahead of time.</p>

<p>The schedule you see on CaneLink can change and isn’t official until orientation. If an upper-classman needs a class an incoming freshman is enrolled in, and giving that class would require bumping you out of it, you will be bumped out of it. This is just one example scenario in which the schedule may change.</p>