AP Physics 2 vs IB Chem HL

Concerns: Getting an A in the class, Getting college credit.

( I had started a thread in general high school issues, but its more IB questions I have than anything. Take 2!)

The Physics summer assignment is having us multiplying 3D vectors (it has to do with determinant stuff) and we are supposed to cover 4 or 5 left hand rules. These I am not confident in at all and not sure what to expect. I just cant picture all the parts of induction of wires and counterclockwise current and clockwise current of certain cases where EMF does one thing or another… I am confused and I dont know how much help will be there in the small class but I cant really see myself keeping all the stuff straight. I dont know anyone that has taken 2 before.

My other option is IBHL Chem.-- My only Chemistry back ground is in taking Honors Chem this summer. It is the first year IB will be at my school and also a small class. What made me unsure about my choice was that I was only going to take Physics again because I had two friends in it and its only natural for us to move on together. Well I figured they could explain the stuff to me, and we would be in the same class again and it would be great… but now I have to choose between the two friends/classes because, one of them, the one that helps me with work when I need it, wont have room in her scedrule for Physics next year at all. I am seriously considering two years of insane chemistry stuff because I will miss having more classes with her (She’s doing all IB) Either way its going to be a mad house and I dont know if IBHL with support will be harder to get an A in than AP Physics without.

I have the teacher for IB this summer and I understand what he teaches well. I almost want to do IB HL but I know that maintaining an A there would be hard as well and grades to me are really really important. (The fact is I would rather an A in a general class than a B in AP/IB. I dont care for GPA at all.)

Then I finished my other thread post with If you have taken either class, how was your experience in 1)online video/worksheet help 2)homework 3) stress 4)maintaining an A

I have IB HL Chemistry and HL Biology. I love chemistry a lot, so while it might be a bit stressful it’s certainly enjoyable for me. If you study hard you can definitely make an A, it’s not impossible. That being said you should really think about what subject you enjoyed more. I’ve only taken Physics 1 Honors, but doing two higher level science classes is enough for me. Physics is generally a really hard class, either way for both classes you’l need to work really hard. Take a class that follows what you want to major in. If you’re looking for a Chemistry major, definitely take HL Chem. If you want a physics or engineering major, go for physics.