Apartment Furniture - Help!

<p>My S will be a soph at Tech in the fall and is going to be living in Hunter Ridge apt. Can anyone give any insight on how they furnished their apt. if they are from out of state. I don't know if I should buy furniture/bedding here and rent a truck to get it down there or buy everything down there. What have you done?</p>

<p>If he’s fine with roughing it a few days he could make arrangements for a bed (bring one or order one and have it shipped. I used overstock.com) and get the rest on craigslist when he gets down there.</p>

<p>My son, who graduated a couple of years ago, also lived there. We rented U-Haul and gave him the basement furniture and bought new for home. Seemed like a golden opportunity to me! That said, he’s since disposed of all that furniture but is working in a lab in Christiansburg and has gotten furniture down there (first on his list: a bigger bed!). Depending on what you need (like a bed for example) you could possibly buy it at home and have the delivery done through a Blacksburg store if you use something like Sears, which does have good beds. Maybe you can see if his room-mates can provide furniture if they are VA residents and you all furnish the kitchen supplies instead. That worked well for S1 and his friends.</p>

<p>Our son is moving off campus for his 2nd year also. We are not investing a lot in furniture the next three years knowing the abuse it will get.
We plan on purchasing a bed for him, the rest he will share with roommates from goodwill, handme downs, and yard sales.
To get it there we will rent a one way U-Haul.</p>