Appealing if you have an ineligible GPA?

<p>Disregarding everything else that (new accomplishments, circumstances, etc) may help on an appeal, would it be pointless to appeal to a UC if you have an ineligible GPA (below 3.00)? </p>

<p>For example, even if you wrote the most outstanding appeal letter in the world, and had the best teacher recommendation ever, would it still be useless because of a ineligible GPA? </p>

<p>At this point, I’m pretty sure I’ll atted a CC, but I just don’t want to have any regrets or “what ifs” about appealing or not.</p>

<p>Well, from what I have heard, the UCs select a small number of applicants with a GPA of less than a 3.0. It couldn't hurt to appeal -- especially if your only other option is community college. Also, if you got all A's for this quarter (that is if you get quarter or warning grades), you could mention that.</p>

<p>Bobo - As long as you're not banking on the appeal, there is no reason not to try it. Chances are not good but you always have a chance if they can see that you can write and you get good grades your senior year. Good luck!</p>