Application Help

<p>I turned my application in yesterday and I made my payments and everything. But I found out that we needed to send a school form in and in the school form was also a request for an recommendation. Well i sent a teacher recommendation a while ago and got that completed but I didn't know that we had to send in a school form to a guidance counselor. So I did that yesterday but my guidance counselor told me that she hasn't received the form yet. Should I be worried since today is the cut off date. Or is it fine that I sent the form in before the cutoff date and she can turn the form in when she receives it? Or does that form have to be in by today? I am a little worried because I didn't see the request for a guidance counselor till yesterday night, which I know is a really bad thing. But now i am afraid that one little thing will mess up my chances into getting into UM.</p>

<p>I don’t know for sure, but I thought ALL recommendations (teacher and counselor) had to come directly from your high school (unless you’re home schooled). Our daughter never even saw her teacher/counselor recs because they checked a box that prevented a copy from being sent to her (her school’s policy I guess). We had a bit of a potential problem with transcripts from our local college for 3 courses she took in senior year and admissions wouldn’t let me send my “official” copy of the transcripts - the HAD to come from the college.
I think for things like recommendations, your making/non-making the cutoff would not be affected. As long as the common app and your HS transcripts reached them by 11/1 that you’ll be okay - again just a guess on my part.
When you login to myUM what does it show as the status of your application documents?
~Zinc</p>

<p>All of the recommendations are sent directly to the high schools but you have to write down the teacher info and the guidance counselor information for the ones you choose. I was just making sure with my counselor that she got the form or not because I was unsure if it would reach to her. Well i checked the status of my documents on CommonApp and it shows that my teacher recommendation has been downloaded by college on 11/1 while my school report has been downloaded by college on 11/2. So what does that mean?</p>